Sign in with
Your question

FAQ ANSWERS

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 13, 2010 5:21:38 AM

1_What is your budget?

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14+

3_What screen resolution do you want?
-

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable

5_How much battery life do you need?
at least 2 hours

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
wow, COD, crysis, f.e.a.r, far cry, etc. Mostly shooters. I guess medium would be ok, low just fine, and highh if possible

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
mostly gaming, maybe some movies, plus internet and some ms office applications

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
200 maybe, not really an issue, i have a 200hdd in my current laptop and ive only used about 50gb

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
bestbuy.com or target.com only places i buy things. maybe ebay but i dont really trust it there

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
about 2-3 years tops

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dvd rom writer would be ok

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
toshiba, hp. Only experience ive had and its been great.
Dell i dont like, many people have told me how terrible these machines are, except for the xps

13_What country do you live in?
From texas, but currently residing in central america for 1 1/2 years i might be ordering online or having a cousin who is visiting me soon buy it for me

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
i know how laptops are not good for gaming but i need one, I dont mind if its 14" or 17" and heavy, but definetely not smaller i dont like those mini laptops, i know my budget is low but its all i can afford at the moment, basically i need it for work, which is not so demanding. I like gaming and i'm always moving so i need a laptop both for work and gaming. I have an xbox 360 and i cant be carrying it with me, so im looking for a laptop that will get me some decent gaming.

Any advices, info, etc will be highly appreciated.

More about : faq answers

a b D Laptop
August 13, 2010 1:01:41 PM

Quote:
1_What is your budget?

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14+

3_What screen resolution do you want?
-

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable

5_How much battery life do you need?
at least 2 hours

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
wow, COD, crysis, f.e.a.r, far cry, etc. Mostly shooters. I guess medium would be ok, low just fine, and highh if possible

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
mostly gaming, maybe some movies, plus internet and some ms office applications

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
200 maybe, not really an issue, i have a 200hdd in my current laptop and ive only used about 50gb

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
bestbuy.com or target.com only places i buy things. maybe ebay but i dont really trust it there

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
about 2-3 years tops

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dvd rom writer would be ok

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
toshiba, hp. Only experience ive had and its been great.
Dell i dont like, many people have told me how terrible these machines are, except for the xps

13_What country do you live in?
From texas, but currently residing in central america for 1 1/2 years i might be ordering online or having a cousin who is visiting me soon buy it for me

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.
i know how laptops are not good for gaming but i need one, I dont mind if its 14" or 17" and heavy, but definetely not smaller i dont like those mini laptops, i know my budget is low but its all i can afford at the moment, basically i need it for work, which is not so demanding. I like gaming and i'm always moving so i need a laptop both for work and gaming. I have an xbox 360 and i cant be carrying it with me, so im looking for a laptop that will get me some decent gaming.

Any advices, info, etc will be highly appreciated.

With the limited budget, gaming laptops would be a little hard to find... but if you're willing to push the price up a bit,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
maybe a good choice. It should run all your games on low, maybe medium... but it can probably run WoW on high. It is a little future proof, as it's equiped with one of the lower-end intel i-series CPUs, so in a year or two, you can just buy a better CPU and put it in there if you want.
!