Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
December 14, 2012 10:13:11 PM

:hello: 

Kindly I ask your attention.

System:
AMD Phenom II x6 t1055
Biostar A770E3 / A78XAA3S-R03 v6.0
2x4GB Kingston pc3-10600 (1333Mhz), just new installed.
ATI HD5750 True Color
Windows 7 x32 & x64 Ultimate NL Retail

I had some issues after doing what an Anti Virus software asked me to do and register cleaning.
Windows looked acting slow and some futures (both still) don't work.
I have to mention that I had a bad memory that killed two slots on the main baord.

Previously the Windows 7 x32 didn't start completally, it didn't get to the login screen. The mouse pointer was vissable and the screen was black.

I looked on the net for answers, but found non. So, I tried to expermimanted some F8 functions ad the MBR screen. I found one that did work, something for domein users. All the other options didn't work.
I got it started (safe mode) and deleted the last month installed software.
Did a chkdsk /F and restarted. You don't want to know how long the list was of fixed errors, because I didn't remember them. Restarted and looked on the net for more answers.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/quic...

I found one site with the command sfc /scannow to check the system files and fix them.
After a while (not minutes as it says) I got the notification that not all system files could be fixed.

It installed a log file ad \Windows\Log\CBS about 24MB.

I don't know what to do with it.
Do you?

How to fix these errors?
Please, no reinstallation. I have software that came from GiveawayOfTheDay, the software can only be installed once.

Or,

After a reinstall, would it be possible to reinstall the software from the Old installation. Actually stupid to do, can have bugs too.

Is there a total Windows 7 x32/x64 repair disk that comes with the programs itseld and can check the net for information and can install and deinstall software for download?
I forgot to burn the one that came with Windows 7.

I downloaded a Repair disk, but it kept asking for Backup and Command prompt didn't work either.
Guess, the DVD program did need those files on the Windows HDD installation too.

Autoback up was disabled, don't know how. So, no backup at all. :o 
No restore points either. :o 

If someone is interested because of her/his profetion, let me know where to send them.
I'm asking you now with the x32 version, so some how it works. :pt1cable: 

Many thanks in advanced!

Hopefully I let you known enough and I'll be waiting for your reply!

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

PS:
:)  Happy Hollydays & Best Wishes 2013! :D 
a b $ Windows 7
December 14, 2012 10:37:47 PM

Hi :) 

Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 14, 2012 11:01:23 PM

+1 to Brett

Not wanting to format and reinstall because you got some free software is not making any sense to me.
m
l
Related resources
December 15, 2012 12:01:10 AM

Brett928S2 said:

Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

:non: 
It's not the harddrive, I really had to install the new RAM. It all works good now, I just want to fix the system files because of the bad RAM.
It could be anything like: Power supply, RAM, HDD, main board or software.

Power supply had to be exchanged too.

So, for a system that is about 3 years old, I have a broken 2GB RAM, power supply and main board. It came with the price I guess.

And I allready installed a new HDD with a fast acces time, Hitachi SATA II 650GB.
You can check HDD's for bad sectors, knowing what it all means in GB and creating a new partition and it's good for archiving. Unless there is something else wrong with the HDD.

Thanks for your reply! :D 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 15, 2012 12:03:44 AM

MeneerWitte said:

:non: 
It's not the harddrive, I really had to install the new RAM. It all works good now, I just want to fix the system files because of the bad RAM.
It could be anything like: Power supply, RAM, HDD, main board or software.

Power supply had to be exchanged too.

So, for a system that is about 3 years old, I have a broken 2GB RAM, power supply and main board. It came with the price I guess.

And I allready installed a new HDD with a fast acces time, Hitachi SATA II 650GB.
You can check HDD's for bad sectors, knowing what it all means in GB and creating a new partition and it's good for archiving. Unless there is something else wrong with the HDD.

Thanks for your reply! :D 

If you don't want good advice...don't ask the question... I own computer shops and a laptop repair company...

RUN A PROPER HARD DRIVE TEST...Hirens etc... NOT checkdisk....

m
l
December 15, 2012 12:07:20 AM

anonymous1 said:
+1 to Brett

Not wanting to format and reinstall because you got some free software is not making any sense to me.

Check out:

:love: 
www.GiveawayOfTheDay.com

You might find it interesting and they do games once in a while too.
:pt1cable: 

I will check the program HIRENS CD for shore. :) 

Many thanks for your reply! :D 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 15, 2012 12:37:56 AM

When you run SFC and it can't fix the errors that it finds then a hard disk test from the manufacturer like you find on Hirens CD is a good idea. Another reason that SFC cannot fix the errors that it finds is that you have corruption on the disk file information and you should run CHKDSK. Finally it is possible that the backup files are also corrupted in which case SFC will be unable to fix the corrupted files and you will have to reinstall the operating system.
m
l
December 15, 2012 1:05:38 AM

Brett928S2 said:

If you don't want good advice...don't ask the question... I own computer shops and a laptop repair company...

RUN A PROPER HARD DRIVE TEST...Hirens etc... NOT checkdisk....

For the person how wants to find it with :non:  commercial links:

Here are some of the Hiren’s BootCD 15.2 links:

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/files/Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zi... :D 

http://www.softexia.com/hirens-bootcd.html :D 

Information links:

http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd :) 

http://techathlon.com/hirens-bootcd-15-2-released/ :) 

Well,

Best Bert,

I'm downloading it at the moment and give it a go.

I'll let know the results.

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

Many thanks for your reply! :D 

m
l
!