Advice needed. For bad gear in Chicago Coin Homerun

I have a 1972 Chicago Coin Homerun, and in the animation unit motor,
one of the gears has about 3 or 4 teeth missing, which is causing it to
hang up. Do I have any options here, can I buy just that gear or am I
looking for another animation unit motor? Can the one bad gear be
fixed or copied? Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks Mark

Take it to a machine shop, they may be able to weld some teeth back on, or
worst case they could probably make another gear for it on a flow jet or
something.....

Good luck,

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

On 2005-09-07 17:52:06 -0700, "immark" <markmc@columbus.rr.com> said:

> I have a 1972 Chicago Coin Homerun, and in the animation unit motor,
> one of the gears has about 3 or 4 teeth missing, which is causing it to
> hang up. Do I have any options here, can I buy just that gear or am I
> looking for another animation unit motor? Can the one bad gear be
> fixed or copied? Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated.
> Thanks Mark

Is this the fiber gear or one of the metal ones? I have a rebuild kit
that still has a few gears left that might match the one you need.
Please send me a picture and a tooth count, plus diameter of the gear
and the shaft.

I also have some gear motors - to match that I need the manufacturer's
name, voltage, RPM, and "Spec" number.

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call