Sign in with
Your question

Please help me understand it all....

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 29, 2011 3:53:52 PM

Hi everyone, I'm looking for help understanding what it is I actually need from a monitor. I'm looking for a monitor to a) replace my current CPU monitor and b) hook up a Xbox or PS3. I don't do any CPU gaming, I basically just play Call of Duty on a console. Here are my questions....
1) What's a good size? I'll be sitting about 2-3feet away.
2) Does it make a difference between 2 and 5ms?
3) The refresh rate, how important is it and what am I looking for?
4) Is there anything else that I should be looking for?

I would like to spend under $200. I went to the store the other day and was going to buy the ASUS VE248H but the display was so dark compared to all of the other monitors nearby. Maybe the employee didn't know how to adjust it but it looked horrible.

Found a LG IPS226V 21.5" LED for $150. Price seems look a good deal compared to other places for the same monitor but I don't know what I need.

So please, maybe tell me some brands to look for, stay away from. Maybe some actual models that you know that will look awesome. Thank you in advance for your help.

More about : understand

October 29, 2011 11:15:47 PM

If you are going to hook up both your PC and console then I would recommend the ViewSonic VX2453mh-LED. It has 2 HDMI ports, (shitty) speakers, audio in/outs, headphone jack, 2 stand configurations, 2 ms response time.

It's around $200 and it's a 24" monitor. Refresh rates are generally locked at 60 fps so there's nothing you can really do about that (unless it's a 3D monitor).

Andy H.
m
l
!