Indy 500 software question

Just curious if anyone knows........ On Indy 500, sometimes when you
hit your second lock to start normal 3 ball multi-ball, a ball will
launch right away giving you an opportunity to try and nail a couple
jackpots even before the other 2 balls are spit out of the turbo.
Normally the 2 balls are launched out of the turbo and then then your
3rd ball is launched. The early launched ball seems to happen
randomly.... is this a bug in the software or is there a way to make to
guarantee the early ball launch by doing something specific in the
game?? I have seen this strange thing happen on 4 different Indy 500
machines, and I heard its a software thing.

I have also noticed that during triple playfield scoring, if you start
the speedway called caution "video mode" you are awarded lots of laps.
.... like 15 or 25 maybe....... Does anyone know how many laps this
gives you?

kme

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005

On Indy 500 you learn not to ask why otherwise you will be asking:

Why do the sovenirs only award 5M when the display says otherwise?

Why do super light-ups award normal value when the display says
otherwise?

Why does Green Flag Points award zero points when the display says
otherwise?

Why does moving into 1st place via Hit the Wall not light victory lap?

Why are super jackpots worth less than regular jackpots at times?

Why does "Spot Pit Lane" award from change setup not always work?

How the hell do you light "Pass" on the left orbit?

How come only player 1 can advance Hit the Wall value?

How come speedway mode isn't lit when collect speedway is lit at the
eject hole and not the right loop?

Did this game just call me a "Wanker"?

Hehe hehehe you are right. Too many Indy Questions to answer.
The "Wanker" question is my favorite.. lol Your questions answered my
questions. :)
how you doing KME?

Here are some things I have found that you might consider adding to
your list:

Why does it sometimes say "that's one" when you have just locked your
second ball in the turbo?

Why do the "buy-in" scores sometimes show up under the normal scores?

Why is there no big reward for getting that 4th lock that only the top
drivers get?

Why do the P-I-T lanes re-set after a multiballs so that if you have
collected 2 letters during multiball.... after multiball you now have
no letters collected for yot pit stop?

kme

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2005

Hehe, yup. Funny how he would put in a special quote "Only the very
best drivers lock that 4th ball" yet awards the same as a 3 ball super.
I also left out the bonus count. Position 26: 250K, Laps: 150K....
times 2... total bonus 36million??? I even heard a story that the
Wanker quote was itself a bug since it was supposed to happen much more
frequently. If any game needs a home rom its indy :) Still a fun game.

Mine takes a looong pause after locking the second ball. Then finally
the multiball animation starts and it kicks out the balls from the
turbo lock. Has anybody had this problem?

Rich Wiski

On 7 Sep 2005 19:24:09 -0700, "KME" <daveycat2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

I don't really know about the rest of the stuff you mention, but I can
comment on this:

>How the hell do you light "Pass" on the left orbit?

I originally whined about it here:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/msg/ffa7e61991ebeb72?dmode=source&hl=en

and a little more here:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/msg/2b1e0b9f9e523b63?dmode=source&hl=en

My opinion of I500 has changed a lot over the last almost-exactly 10
years (I don't particularly care for it at all at this point), but
those complaints about advancing positions remain valid I feel.

keith
--
At one time I had random Your Mother jokes down here.
Maybe someday they'll return...