Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How exactly to DARKEN a Samsung monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 29, 2011 7:08:20 PM

OK...I'm a SENIOR citizen, so self-taught on the computer. Can't get my
Samsung monitor brightness to darken. HOW exactly do you do that?
I've tried using the up and down buttons on the puter, while pushing the "brightness" button and that doesn't do it...what now? Thanks, aussieaddict :fou:  Thanks, aussieaddict

More about : darken samsung monitor

Best solution

a c 105 C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
October 31, 2011 6:45:30 PM

there should be buttons on the front of your monitor. if there isnt a brightness button then it most likely is in the monitors onscreen display, just scroll until you get to the brightness option and lower it.

you also can do this with nvidia or ati video card drivers i know, but it is best to do it physically on your monitor.
a b C Monitor
a b Ô Samsung
November 1, 2011 10:45:00 PM

On one of my Dell monitors, ST2420L, the control is not normally visible. It is located at the lower right hand edge of the monitor. The controls are illuminated only when I run my fingertip over them; then they are visible for a short period to make adjustments. Same with the power button, but that I leave ON and turn OFF the power strip after I shut down the computer.
m
l
Related resources
November 9, 2011 12:02:42 AM

Best answer selected by aussieaddict.
m
l
November 9, 2011 12:04:22 AM

ssddx said:
there should be buttons on the front of your monitor. if there isnt a brightness button then it most likely is in the monitors onscreen display, just scroll until you get to the brightness option and lower it.

you also can do this with nvidia or ati video card drivers i know, but it is best to do it physically on your monitor.

Thanks ssddx for your help. I finally got it figured out and got the screen darkened some. MUCH better. Easier on my eyes. aussieaddict
m
l
!