Best "Low priced" pin

I saw a post asking for a low-end game, but most of these are $1k or better
(some of us just don't have that kind of $$$ laying about). How about a
short list of cheap (value) but good pins? Or as they say on X-Play, "games
for cheap bastards"... :)

I agree with the system 11. Although they are going up, earthshaker
and whirlwind can still be found for right around $1k and I think they
are both great games.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

system 11 games, like cyclone.

Troy,

"raptor68_428" <raptor68_428_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I saw a post asking for a low-end game, but most of these are $1k or
better
> (some of us just don't have that kind of $$$ laying about). How about a
> short list of cheap (value) but good pins? Or as they say on X-Play,
"games
> for cheap bastards"... :)

karl

Very well said fine sir.

King Solomon himslef could not have some to a more judicious
conclusion.

With a great theme and art, speech, ramps, PF toys (OK a toy),
flashers, miltiball, Space Shuttle's got it all!

Good day sir, keep up the good work, Karl.

raptor68_428 wrote:
> I saw a post asking for a low-end game, but most of these are $1k or better
> (some of us just don't have that kind of $$$ laying about). How about a
> short list of cheap (value) but good pins? Or as they say on X-Play, "games
> for cheap bastards"... :)

System 11 games are definitely the best value. For me actually some of
the best games. I would not call them low end either. They were made
very well and some of the best production numbers game on game.
Excellent value. My favorite would be F14 in this category. Produced
around 14,500 games and made a ton of money in the days. Not only a
realatively cheap game but just an all around blast to play. Bill

Nomad

I challenge you to find me a 1k ES or WW that isn't completely tore up.
I got "lucky" and paid $700 for an ES that I need a ton of parts for,
shop job, cabinet fix, etc. These 2 games are no where near 1k these
days, easily $1500-2k.

nomad

jdix

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2005

You can still get lucky and find ES or WW at $1K or less. People
dstill find deals from time to time. It won't happen in a major city
or any metropolitan area though. Too many flippers running around
grabbing up the deals. Only people who get deals are in remote areas,
or are in tight with ops/distributors/etc.

Nomad

Well then I would think there are very few people who meet your 2
criteria for getting good deals of either "being tight with the ops"
(like ANYBODY is?) or "living in remote areas" where pins are always
plentiful?

nomad

jdix

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2005

System 11's my friend. Although the prices are rising you can still
find some for under $1K. High Speed and Jokerz are too that come to
mind. Very fun games and can be found for cheap.

raptor68_428 wrote:
> I saw a post asking for a low-end game, but most of these are $1k or better
> (some of us just don't have that kind of $$$ laying about). How about a
> short list of cheap (value) but good pins? Or as they say on X-Play, "games
> for cheap bastards"... :)

I really like Space Shuttle, and that you can usually find for $500 to
$1000. Fairly simple, but lots of fun.

Zach

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I like Gottlieb Sinbad, but fixing them up can be a pain.
"Zachary Thicksten" <zthicksten@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I really like Space Shuttle, and that you can usually find for $500 to
> $1000. Fairly simple, but lots of fun.
>
> Zach

Any Gottlieb System 1 machine (Ni Wumph board system), generally never fetch
more than $600-800, unless its comestically perfect.
You have a astounding number of choices, as many people do not want to do
the the restoration, because brokers can not get resale value out of these
machines.

Take a look at games like Sinbad, Genie, Circus, Countdown, Close Encounters
and others. You may be surprised at their depth.

If you are looking for DMD games, things have been out of hand for over half
a decade already.

--
"The_Black_Knight"

The Washington State Pinball Stronghold
"A Fortress Protecting the Silver Ball"

www.geocities.com/pinball_jack

"raptor68_428" <raptor68_428_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I saw a post asking for a low-end game, but most of these are $1k or
better
> (some of us just don't have that kind of $$$ laying about). How about a
> short list of cheap (value) but good pins? Or as they say on X-Play,
"games
> for cheap bastards"... :)

I agree. The Mousin Around I got is a lot of fun to play, has great
rules with timed/repetitive shots and cool ball lock mouse traps. The
jackpot is every bit as challenging as a Lawlor WPC. And you can find
these games for way less than 1k.

K2

I actually found a WW for 1k. The playfield had factory mylar and it
cleaned up really nicely. The cab was a little beat up, but that isn't
something thats overly important to me anyways. And to plug the
seller, Rich Zelano in Rhode Island is an awesome seller and still has
a bunch of games he's looking to sell. They're all on Mr. Pinball.

And it's system-9 stablemate, Sorcerer.

Craig

On 7 Sep 2005 20:10:50 -0700, "Zachary Thicksten"
<zthicksten@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I really like Space Shuttle, and that you can usually find for $500 to
>$1000. Fairly simple, but lots of fun.
>
>Zach

>How about a short list of cheap (value) but good pins?

GTB EMs from the 70's. Lots of fun, anyone can fix, never needs any
parts outside of a rubber kit in most cases. Can be had from $0-$900
(freebie to fully restored)

Kirb

Comet - $500ish decent and working
SF2 - $400-900 decent and working
Class of 1812 - usually sub $1k (if you can find one)

w-morrison3@ti.com wrote in

> raptor68_428 wrote:
>> I saw a post asking for a low-end game, but most of these are $1k or
>> better (some of us just don't have that kind of $$$ laying about).
>> How about a short list of cheap (value) but good pins? Or as they say
>> on X-Play, "games for cheap bastards"... :)
>
> System 11 games are definitely the best value. For me actually some
> of the best games. I would not call them low end either. They were
> made very well and some of the best production numbers game on game.
> Excellent value. My favorite would be F14 in this category. Produced
> around 14,500 games and made a ton of money in the days. Not only a
> realatively cheap game but just an all around blast to play. Bill

I didn't mean poorly made, just ones that can be had for < $1k, but still
fun to play. I took the term from another posting. It's just amazes me
someone will plunk down $2-4000 for a pin...

btw, F14 is one of my favorites - but in St Louis, sell for $$$... :(