What do you think of this config ?

FelipeAMD

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2004
Hi !

AS I said in another post, i'm tired of my atual pc, (signature),it's a good one, i'm planning to stay with it for at lease 1 year...So i'm starting to plan the config of my A64 system...

Take a look:

Amd Athlon 64 3500+ 939 0.13nm
Chaintech VNF4/Ultra (Socket 939, PCI-X16, Nforce 4 Ultra)
MSI GeForce 6800, 256mb, PCI-X
KINGWIN Arctic Liquid Cooler System For Intel P4/AMD K7 & K8, Model "AWC-1"

And the rest, 1GB of RAM in Dual Channel Markvision, HD sata 80gb...etc....

What do you think of this config ? Can I do sometihg better with the same money ?

THANKS !

-Amd Athlon XP-M @ 2.6ghz
-Abit NF7 V2.0
-1GB DDR400 MARKVISION
-Radeon 9800XT

pat

Expert
"i'm planning to stay with it for at lease 1 year...So i'm starting to plan the config of my A64 system..."

Wow...planning a computer for next year with today's parts...

Next year, there will be better parts and better price. So wait until you'll be ready then post again.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

FelipeAMD

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2004
Yes....

I like to plan things a long time before doing it...

So, just for asking...the prices certainly will be lower next year, but how much %%%, not exactly,...just a estimative...

THANKS !

-Abit NF7 V2.0
-1GB DDR400 MARKVISION
-Radeon 9800XT

pat

Expert
Well...I wont help you now because next year, there will be all kind of new stuff so you'll come here and ask again..

Waste of time..

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

FelipeAMD

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2004
Yes...

I agree with you "pat".....

One more question...there are 3 different sockets for A64, 754,939 amd 940, TODAY i mean TODAY wich is the better one in terms of upgrade ?

-Abit NF7 V2.0
-1GB DDR400 MARKVISION
-Radeon 9800XT

FelipeAMD

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2004
Thanks...

But as I said I won't buy it now...

I'm just starting to plan for the future...

THANKS !

-Abit NF7 V2.0
-1GB DDR400 MARKVISION
-Radeon 9800XT

endyen

Splendid
Well then, dont plan on such a crappy graphics card. The X850PE will be in the same boat your XT is in today. The gt will be a low to mid end card by then. Bothe Ati and nvidia have new offerings in the pipe.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd get a PCIe (PCI-Express) card, because the board doesn't have any PCI-X slots, and there aren't any PCI-X versions of that video card.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>