Got myself a Lost World

I was able to pick up a nice Lost World yesterday from a member of the
SPG yesterday. I have not been able to put it where it is going yet,
due to some repairs in my apt, but this is the first pre-80's pin I
have owned. It is not as busy as the newer ones, but it is definitely
fun to play!

Brian

Nomad

Congrats Brian, is this # 3 or 4 pin for you? You know you could have
had my nice Darling EM for nearly the same price:)

nomad

If you need any PF parts I have a complete (but worn) working 100% one
for sale. Plastics seperate.

zTim

nomad wrote:
> Congrats Brian, is this # 3 or 4 pin for you? You know you could have
> had my nice Darling EM for nearly the same price:)
>
> nomad

Its pin #3. (Guy with Shadow never called back. I'll go back again
after I return from FL) The game just needs a little cleaning, some
bulbs changed, and new rubber. (Its not really dirty, I just wanna
clean it, and polish up some of the metal)

Brian

Andy,

I just moved it into place, and...........now the game will not start.
I have power, all the lights work, but the game will not start, nor
will the test button work. All fuses look good.....any ideas? I have
no DMM, and I leave early sat for FL, so I do not think Craig will be
able to give a hand (I gotta call and check) Bummer......I will start
my cleaning tonight it looks like :)

Brian

Nomad

Isn't it wonderful how you can move a pinball machine and then suddenly
the darn thing doesn't work:( Check to see you have all the connectors
in the right place and re-seat them all. You couldn't have done that
much to it by moving it! Good luck!

nomad

Andy/Damon,

I at this point NEED a DMM, but I leave for FL on Sat, so it will wait.
Roommates are impatient to play. I re-seated all the connectors I
could get out. I have not checked fuses yet, I need to buy some more
anyways, off to Radio Shack I go! Last question, all the pics I have
seen of other Lost Worlds show a light purple. This one is darker.
What could/would cause this? I assume fade would not. Just curious.

Brian

<dsuperbee@aol.com> wrote in message
> nomad wrote:
>> Congrats Brian, is this # 3 or 4 pin for you? You know you could have
>> had my nice Darling EM for nearly the same price:)
>> nomad
> Its pin #3. (Guy with Shadow never called back. I'll go back again
> after I return from FL) The game just needs a little cleaning, some
> bulbs changed, and new rubber. (Its not really dirty, I just wanna
> clean it, and polish up some of the metal)
From what I remember the playfield will probably benefit hugely from a Magic
Eraser and some alcohol. I have become a huge fan of that for games of that
era. It can do wonders.

Andrew

> I just moved it into place, and...........now the game will not start.
> I have power, all the lights work, but the game will not start, nor
> will the test button work. All fuses look good.....any ideas? I have
> no DMM, and I leave early sat for FL
Get a DMM. In the meantime, check all the connectors. Check the fuses
anyway once you get a DMM, it is quite possible for a fuse to look good but
be blown, or for a fuse holder to be bad. If none of those pan out we can
look at other options.

Andy