My router just died

My trusty SMC Barricade 7004BR router seems to have died, i.e., I cannot
connect to the 'Net or computer to computer anymore. Pulling the router
out & connecting my Dell 4550 directly to the cable modem puts me back
online. Any suggestions/recommendations for a replacement. I'm happy
with wired and want something with a print server (like the 7004BR). OS
is WinXP Pro.

TIA

Have you tried resetting the router to default settings?

"Vince McGowan" <vincemcg@nada.com> wrote in message
> My trusty SMC Barricade 7004BR router seems to have died, i.e., I cannot
> connect to the 'Net or computer to computer anymore. Pulling the router
> out & connecting my Dell 4550 directly to the cable modem puts me back
> online. Any suggestions/recommendations for a replacement. I'm happy
> with wired and want something with a print server (like the 7004BR). OS
> is WinXP Pro.
>
> TIA

D-Link has a couple;
http://www.dlink.com/products/category.asp?cid=10

"Vince McGowan" <vincemcg@nada.com> wrote in message
> My trusty SMC Barricade 7004BR router seems to have died, i.e.,
I cannot
> connect to the 'Net or computer to computer anymore. Pulling
the router
> out & connecting my Dell 4550 directly to the cable modem puts
me back
> online. Any suggestions/recommendations for a replacement. I'm
happy
> with wired and want something with a print server (like the
7004BR). OS
> is WinXP Pro.
>
> TIA

I second the D-Link recommendation. Followed closely by Linksys or Netgear.

Stew

Edward J. Neth wrote:
> Have you tried resetting the router to default settings?

No, have to look into that. Thanks

vinCe

Edward J. Neth wrote:

> Have you tried resetting the router to default settings?

Tried it, made no difference (even though all the indicator lights were
normal). I bought a wired Netgear 4-port router w/print server, which is
humming along very nicely.

vinCe

S.Lewis wrote:

> I second the D-Link recommendation. Followed closely by Linksys or Netgear.
>
> Stew

Thanks too all who replied.