Critical Update

I'm sure this has been addressed previously, but I could
not find the answer. I downloaded the Critical Update,
connected my Desktop (WindowsXP) with ethernet cable, and
ran the Update. Everything seemed to have worked.
However, and this is the problem, I continue to get a pop
up message that a Critical Update is available. How do I
get rid of this message so that it doesn't keep popping
up? It's not a major problem, just an annoyance.
1 answer Last reply
More about critical update

    Remove the check mark, or go to Windows Update and remove the notice from
    there. The site has information about the catalog.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "ColoraKen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm sure this has been addressed previously, but I could
    > not find the answer. I downloaded the Critical Update,
    > connected my Desktop (WindowsXP) with ethernet cable, and
    > ran the Update. Everything seemed to have worked.
    > However, and this is the problem, I continue to get a pop
    > up message that a Critical Update is available. How do I
    > get rid of this message so that it doesn't keep popping
    > up? It's not a major problem, just an annoyance.

Routers Networking