How do the majority of you fellow LOTR owners have your game setup with
regards to extra ball awards?

I hear that there are many opportunities for extra balls during the
course of a good game and I'm looking to set my game up similar to the
majority here on RGP.

I have it set to 3 ball and the outlanes are on factory "Drain o matic"
settings.

Do you have the replay award set to extra ball?

Do you set your replay award to auto or fixed?

Do you have replay boost on?

What levels (Points) do you have your replay set at?

How do you set how many hits to the tower award an extra ball.

I know all this is in the manual, but to be honest, this manual is a
tad overwhelming.

Looking for a good explanation of where the extra balls hide in this
game and how you all have your LOTRs setup.

100% factory with, of course, free play on, souls set on easy (since i
have the diverter on the end of the POTD), and the awkward cave troll
sequence and bash ballrog turned off....outlanes set to factory. I do
have the ball saver turned on.

I also installed the directors cut, so whatever that gives you. minus
the cave troll sequence.

-c

You can get an Extra Ball for a Gift from the Elves

There is an extra ball when I think you get 12 shots into Bad-Dur Tower

There is an extra ball when you complete Ring Frenzy, I assume there is
an extra ball for super ring frenzy as well, but I've never completed
super ring frenzy.

As for how I have my game setup, I don't have any extra balls at all, I
know most likely I'll never get to Valinor that way but I'm trying to
keep the settings on my games as close as possible to PAPA rules so for
next year I'll have a better chance at performing better.

<skbrothers@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I hear that there are many opportunities for extra balls during the
> course of a good game and I'm looking to set my game up similar to the
> majority here on RGP.

> Looking for a good explanation of where the extra balls hide in this

Google a little for specifics. Some locations of the extra balls:

(2) Extra balls from the towers (get to 50 shots!)

Extra ball as a mystery award

Extra ball from the elf gifts

Extra ball from ring frenzy

Extra ball from super ring frenzy

Extra ball from ring multiball

Extra ball after getting all gifts done and relighting extra ball.

Have fun.

Jeff

3 balls.

Outlanes set to easy, with rubber. That's my only hardware adjustment.

Replay set to full auto, boost off, awards EB. Replay is currently at
32M. No other point-based EB awards. No way to buy an EB at the end of
the game. I only do that for games that have 2 scoreboards, like TZ.

Turned on the cave troll, turned off Bash Balrog. (I mean, the Balrog
only comes out for multiball.)

All the game's other EB features are on factory default.

I get to DTR all the time, but I have a heck of a time finishing all
the modes. Only done TABA twice.

What a great game!

In news:<1126184701.573579.179770@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
<skbrothers@comcast.net> says...
> How do the majority of you fellow LOTR owners have your game setup with
> regards to extra ball awards?
> I hear that there are many opportunities for extra balls during the
> course of a good game and I'm looking to set my game up similar to the
> majority here on RGP.

Some ways to light Extra Ball at Gollum's Cave:
Barad-Dûr award (memory default = yes)
Gift of the Elves award (memory default = yes)
Mystery award (memory default = no)
Ring Multiball award (memory default = no)
Ring Frenzy award (memory default = no)
Super Ring Frenzy award (I think this is treated the same as normal RF)

I don't know of any other EBs to get unless the game is set up for
score/special EBs. But check the rule sheet at http://www.lotr-
pinball.com/lotr_rules1.txt and see for yourself.

> I have it set to 3 ball and the outlanes are on factory "Drain o matic"
> settings.

My game is set up like this...

Hardware
* set to small outlanes
* put rubber on lanes mini posts
* no other gameplay-changing mods
* bubble level in the middle
* tilt not changed from factory

Software
* basically Factory + free play + 3-Ball + Dir Cut, but...
* for some reason the installs doesn't set extra ball percentage and
freeze time like it says in the manual, so I have to manually change EB%
from 30 to 20 and freeze time from none to 8s
* turn off match award and HSTD reset
* turn on coin door ball saver, fast boot, team scoring and all tech
alerts
* change some volume things (low knocker, max effect = 2) and other non-
gameplay details

This answers the rest of your questions...

> Do you have the replay award set to extra ball?
No.

> Do you set your replay award to auto or fixed?
Auto.

> Do you have replay boost on?
Yes.

> What levels (Points) do you have your replay set at?
n/a

> How do you set how many hits to the tower award an extra ball.
Barad-Dûr difficulty = moderate (and Barad-Dûr extra ball memory = yes)

> I know all this is in the manual, but to be honest, this manual is a
> tad overwhelming.
And not always correct/updated.

> Looking for a good explanation of where the extra balls hide in this
> game and how you all have your LOTRs setup.

See above... ;)

/Kristoffer

--
This cookie has a scrap of paper inside. It reads:
Rire gnzrq n fubcxrrcre?