Inspiron 8200 video card installation software

I just purchased a used Inspiron 8200 and am running Windows XP Pro.
The video card software is not installed and I cannot identify
precisely what video card is in the machine. I have downloaded all of
the possible drivers for the system from Dell and the manufacturers
(Nvidia and ATI) and have run all the programs to install them. The
only solution seems to be to reinstall the original video card
software, which I do not have. Does anyone know where I can download
the Dell utilities CD software that would have come with this machine
so that I can install my v. card? Also, does anyone know how to tell
what video card I am running when XP does not identify it?

Thank you in advance,
Ryan

Browse to support.dell.com, enter your service tag number and click on
System Details. It will list all the hardware shipped with the system.

Make sure you installed the chipset (system) software after installing XP.

Ryan McGlothlin wrote:
> I just purchased a used Inspiron 8200 and am running Windows XP Pro.
> The video card software is not installed and I cannot identify
> precisely what video card is in the machine. I have downloaded all of
> the possible drivers for the system from Dell and the manufacturers
> (Nvidia and ATI) and have run all the programs to install them. The
> only solution seems to be to reinstall the original video card
> software, which I do not have. Does anyone know where I can download
> the Dell utilities CD software that would have come with this machine
> so that I can install my v. card? Also, does anyone know how to tell
> what video card I am running when XP does not identify it?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Ryan

Try downloading an Utility called Everest from http://www.lavalys.com/

This will analyse your system &, hopefully, give you a better idea what
is in your I8200.

HTH

Regards,
John