Sign in with
Your question

Does wide screen make a difference in gaming

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b 4 Gaming
November 4, 2011 10:15:29 PM

Today I went to the store to take a look at some monitors because the one I have is pretty small and its over 10 years old. I was looking at something between 23 inches and 25 inches. What I wanted to know is does Widescreen make a difference over regular LCD for gaming?
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2011 11:38:45 PM

The only real difference I can think of is that most new games are designed for widescreen (1920x1080) so if you have that, all the interface elements will be in the right spot, etc...

Bioshock and the Witcher 2 come to mind as games where there was a big todo about it.

With Bioshock, people with widescreen monitors were upset because there horizontal view (what they could see side to side) was the same as a regular LCD, only with the top and bottom of the view reduced.

The Witcher 2 shipped with only 16:9 support and added black bars to 16:10 and 4:3 screens.
m
l
a c 405 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
November 4, 2011 11:48:55 PM

I like the Widescreen views when i game!
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 5, 2011 4:42:04 AM

Both the regular and wide screens I'm pretty sure were both native at 1920X1080. I didn't know though if a wide screen made a difference with a high-end video card that isif it made a clearer all around better picture. I really don't like the wide screen but if it is better I guess I could live with it. The 25" monitors are pretty big and wide as it is. I had also read that wide screen is better because the human eye is more likley to look horizontal rather than vertical. I don't know if thats true or not though.
m
l
Related resources
!