Well i just ordered a Alienware OptX AW2310 23" its being shipped should be here by the Nov 13th. Well here are my questions
1. can i run bf3 & with just a oc'd asus 6950 dcuII 2gb at 120hz ?
2. i read alot about 120hz monitors not working at full 120 hz because of issues what are these ? (Main issues)
3. This monitor does not come with 3d glasses XD what would be a good buy?
4. should i run vsync on at all times when 120hz 1920X1080p gaming ?
5. Finally the last one do i need to get a second video card to get the ultimate performance out of my monitor and them some
CPU: 2500k @ 4.7ghz
GPU: asus radeon hd 6950
Motherboard: asus sabertooth p67
Cpu Cooler: noctua NH-c14
RAM: 12gb kingston hyper x black series
Case: cooler master haf 922
PSU: cooler master gx 750w
1) No idea, probably not.
2) Some games (Rage comes to mind) always select 60hz, most do not and 120hz works fine.
3) No idea. I think it was originally made for nVidia's 3d vision.
4) Yes, so you won't get tearing. There aren't many games that will go over 120hz anyway.
5) It doesn't hurt. I run 2 580GTX's in sli. But you'll still see a big benefit even without it.