How would you compare computer fights?

peteroy

Distinguished
BANNED
Jun 14, 2004
I just thought to myself how can I compare fights like AMD and Intel to historical wars?

Is Intel vs AMD similar to something like David versus Goliath?

And what bout Nvidia and ATI? Is their fight resembels the 100 years war of France and Germany?

And how would you people compare these technology wars to historical wars of the armies?

Just an interesting comparison.

<A HREF="http://www.clancas.net" target="_new">clan CHAOS</A>

endyen

Splendid
Sugar Ray Leonard vs Wilfredo Benites. It was poetry in motion. Bothe were lightning fast counter punchers. Hardly a blow was landed, and though there was a clear winner at the end of the match, bothe were unscathed, and could take great pride in the fight.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The cold war.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Starfishy

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
Crashman, I don't think it would be fair to include Intel in any kind of "cold" war. Think of the lives that could have been saved if that lady leaning over the rail of the Titanic was running a P4.

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
But instead of that pretty boy Ray Leonard (Ptuooi) I'd put it more like Clay vs. Liston. Intes (Liston) is big, slow but extremely powerful. He's knocked out every foe he's faced ran others right out the ring. AMD is like Clay/Ali, young, slick, perhaps a little brash. Not a powerful as Liston but he just keeps peckin' and peckin with that jab then WHAM!!!! An overhand right like and A64... to quote Bugs Bunny... "the champ is groggy" the champ is down"!

But that's on the latest of many fights, unlike Ali vs Liston, this one will go on and on for the foreseeable future...

Da Worfster

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

RichPLS

Champion
LMAO, good comparison Worf

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>