What's the hardest part to find?

For a pinball, not counting NOS backglasses and playfields, or
prototype games?
>From the 60s on up.

Just curious.
56 answers Last reply
More about what hardest part find

    NGG upper pf and left ramp

    On 8 Sep 2005 16:39:35 -0700, "qfrost" <qfrost@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >For a pinball, not counting NOS backglasses and playfields, or
    >prototype games?
    >>From the 60s on up.
    >
    >Just curious.

    Right now for me it's the round pcb in the AFM mothership. Anyone have
    a good clean one?

    Non damaged Earthshaker spiral ramp. If you got one let me know.

    nomad

    *Lots* of plastic ramps come to mind, such as Strange Science particle
    separator ramp, and Safe Cracker right ramp -- never seen either one NOS or
    even decent used.

    Also lots of playfield plastics are simply not available anymore, such as
    the Haunted House lower playfield jumbo plastic. I guess other older
    plastics are equally (or more) rare, but you tend not to hear about them
    because the demand is lower.

    OTOH, there *are* a lot of some ramps and plastics still available -- but
    they tend to be the ones that don't break too often ;-)

    Randy

    "qfrost" <qfrost@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > For a pinball, not counting NOS backglasses and playfields, or
    > prototype games?
    >>From the 60s on up.
    >
    > Just curious.

    Well right now its PinDel! Where are you?

    John P. Dayhuff wrote:
    > Cant*
    >
    > --
    > John P. Dayhuff
    > Battle Creek, MI.
    > (269) 979-3836
    >
    > Still looking for:
    > E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
    > E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!
    >
    > "John P. Dayhuff" <pinhead67@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > Gee, where do i begin with this list.......? ;)
    > >
    > > Banzai run plastics, yeah i know there on ebay right now....but i'll keep
    > > looking.
    > > GnR " G " ramp
    > > GnR axl plastic
    > > Bobba Fett plastics
    > > Canada dry drop targets, finally got Donal Murphy to make me two
    > sets...even
    > > if they were missing some letters.
    > > Shindig slingshot plastics
    > > Fireball Classic, Odin plastic
    > > Rolling Stones unfaded cabinet
    > > Pinball by stern, 0-9 disk, or even a picture of one.
    > > Spiderman drop target plastic
    > > DE Playboy ramp
    > > ect....ect........
    > >
    > > Good thing i can include backglasses or playfields on this list.....i'd
    > > probably take up too much bandwidth. ;)
    > >

    > > --
    > > John P. Dayhuff
    > > Battle Creek, MI.
    > > (269) 979-3836
    > >
    > > Still looking for:
    > > E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
    > > E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!
    > >
    > > "John in NC" <john_ncNOSPAM@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

    > > > Untill you finally find it, then someone turns up with 150 identical NOS
    > > > parts on ebay starting at .99 cents ea.

    "qfrost" <qfrost@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > For a pinball, not counting NOS backglasses and playfields, or
    > prototype games?
    >>From the 60s on up.
    >
    > Just curious.

    The part that I need! :-)

    Baking Bread oven door subassembly

    >> For a pinball, not counting NOS backglasses and playfields, or
    >> prototype games?
    >>>From the 60s on up.
    >>
    >> Just curious.
    >>

    > The part that I need! :-)

    Untill you finally find it, then someone turns up with 150 identical NOS
    parts on ebay starting at .99 cents ea.

    Breakshot translite : )

    "azpinlawyer" <gregdavis@mail2lawyer.com> wrote in message
    > NGG upper pf and left ramp

    Not a pinball game, but the rubber clown head for a Midway "Shooting
    Gallery Deluxe" Try even finding a whole game!

    Brian

    Bally Atlantis cab decals. I ask Gene and he said they were painted. I told
    him mine are decals and he looked at me like I was nuts.

    "Randy P." <pinball@REMOVEthepecks.com> wrote in message
    > *Lots* of plastic ramps come to mind, such as Strange Science particle
    > separator ramp, and Safe Cracker right ramp -- never seen either one NOS
    > or even decent used.
    >
    > Also lots of playfield plastics are simply not available anymore, such as
    > the Haunted House lower playfield jumbo plastic. I guess other older
    > plastics are equally (or more) rare, but you tend not to hear about them
    > because the demand is lower.
    >
    > OTOH, there *are* a lot of some ramps and plastics still available -- but
    > they tend to be the ones that don't break too often ;-)
    >
    > Randy
    >
    > "qfrost" <qfrost@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> For a pinball, not counting NOS backglasses and playfields, or
    >> prototype games?
    >>>From the 60s on up.
    >>
    >> Just curious.

    Bad Cats slingshots!!!

    Or plastic sets.

    I had to buy a populated Bad Cats playfield just to get the right
    sling.

    If I ever saw a plastic set for the game I'd fall over.

    qfrost wrote:
    > For a pinball, not counting NOS backglasses and playfields, or
    > prototype games?
    > >From the 60s on up.
    >
    > Just curious.

    The horseshoe contacts on williams drop targets.

    Brian

    "qfrost" <qfrost@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > For a pinball, not counting NOS backglasses and playfields, or
    > prototype games?
    >>From the 60s on up.
    >
    > Just curious.

    Plastic light shield in front of the lower pop bumper,
    above the target bank on RoboCop.....

    (Ditto for RoboCop slings.)

    --
    Fred
    TX

    Karl M wrote:
    > Bad Cats slingshots!!!

    This groups not big enough for two Karls Mr. M!

    The real Karl.

    You've just made a powerful enema!

    Enemy! I meant enemy!

    Hmmm. I wonder how many of us Karl's with 'Ks' there are...

    -The better-looking Karl

    Karl wrote:
    > Karl M wrote:
    > > Bad Cats slingshots!!!
    >
    > This groups not big enough for two Karls Mr. M!
    >
    > The real Karl.

    Tabbed pop bumper bodies for EBD era games.

    John!

    qfrost wrote:
    > For a pinball, not counting NOS backglasses and playfields, or
    > prototype games?
    >>From the 60s on up.
    >
    > Just curious.

    TOM right ramp.
    Anybody?
    Steve

    "qfrost" <qfrost@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1126222775.129644.315080
    @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > For a pinball, not counting NOS backglasses and playfields, or
    > prototype games?
    >>From the 60s on up.
    >
    > Just curious.

    The left-hand slingshot (Fonzie) for 8-ball! Always see tons of the right-
    hand ones (his girl)...

    > The left-hand slingshot (Fonzie) for 8-ball! Always see tons of the right-
    > hand ones (his girl)...

    I posted for one of these on rgp and someone sent me one for free about a
    year ago...SWEEEEET!

    --
    Mike S.
    Kalamazoo, MI

    Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
    W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
    M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 00:06:58 GMT, "John P. Dayhuff"
    <pinhead67@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >Canada dry drop targets, finally got Donal Murphy to make me two sets...even
    >if they were missing some letters.

    I've got nine NOS ones if anyone else needs any. Sorry John, didn't
    know you were looking for them.

    Tom

    SLingshot plastics or scans of slingshot plastics for Sorcerer. I'm still
    looking btw.

    john

    --
    Audubon, NJ
    http://www.southjerseypinball.com

    Tom,

    You have Nine , NOS complete sets for Canada Dry?

    --

    "Tom Lucht" <pinwhoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 00:06:58 GMT, "John P. Dayhuff"
    > <pinhead67@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >

    > >Canada dry drop targets, finally got Donal Murphy to make me two
    sets...even
    > >if they were missing some letters.
    >
    > I've got nine NOS ones if anyone else needs any. Sorry John, didn't
    > know you were looking for them.
    >
    > Tom

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 01:39:23 GMT, "John P. Dayhuff"
    <pinhead67@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >Tom,
    >
    >You have Nine , NOS complete sets for Canada Dry?

    Now you made me go check what I had, and the IPDB to see what they
    are. I have nine NOS drop targets, they are the same. They are the
    one that has the green Canada Dry symbol. Sorry about that.

    Tom

    Green and yellow lane guides for Gottlieb's "North Star".
    There's always a broken one, and they are really tough to come by.
    JR

    Ramps for EatPM, both of them.

    Kfitzhenry at msn dot com

    Hardest parts to find are the part that I need RIGHT NOW while I'm
    shopping a pin. Yesterday, happened to be when I went to rebuild the
    flippers on Medusa, some yahoo in the past decided to mangle the coil
    stop holes, so I needed to find in 200+ boxes the little teeny box of
    Tom Callahan's bally screw bars (that reinforce the coil stop end on
    bally flipper mechs). I had just seen them the other day and told my
    GF, "these are really neat, they help you reinforce blah blah blah to
    which she replied, 'I want to go work on the garden'" and put them
    aside where I wouldn't lose them (mind you, I hadn't needed them at
    this point.)

    I did find them eventually it took about 45 minutes. Then I had to
    look for the drill to drill out the parts so that it would fit.....
    etc. etc. etc.

    I got smart about the screwdrivers and other tools though - rather then
    look for them after I put them down, I bought about 10 of each size and
    just get a new one from the toolbox when I can't find it right away. I
    have about 2 left in the box right now.....

    Earthshaker Backglass
    Pinbot Vortex

    The spool of solder that I need to connect the wires to the part that I
    swear I put on top of the machine next to the one I am currently
    working on after spending 2+ hours finding the tools I need to remove
    the stuff that was blocking access to the area I need to work in, and
    another 45 minutes actually removing the parts, most of which I placed
    in a ZIP lock bag to keep together and are now lying...um...somewhere.
    It's all probably sitting right next to the c-clip that I sent into
    orbit while trying to remove it using something other than the needle
    nose pliers I couldn't find.

    rwkeown@yahoo.com wrote:
    > The spool of solder that I need to connect the wires to the part that I
    > swear I put on top of the machine next to the one I am currently
    > working on after spending 2+ hours finding the tools I need to remove
    > the stuff that was blocking access to the area I need to work in, and
    > another 45 minutes actually removing the parts, most of which I placed
    > in a ZIP lock bag to keep together and are now lying...um...somewhere.
    > It's all probably sitting right next to the c-clip that I sent into
    > orbit while trying to remove it using something other than the needle
    > nose pliers I couldn't find.

    How about the X Rod support bracket for Johnny Mnemonic? I've been
    trying to find one for a couple years. Anybody know where to get one?
    It would be appreciated. Thanks, JR.

    There are Pinbot parts on Ebay right now and there was a vortex. There
    are also a couple of people making repro spiral ramps. I have seen them
    on Ebay also. Plus, I think you can still buy the ramps from vendors.

    Doug

    Jet27 wrote:
    > Earthshaker Backglass
    > Pinbot Vortex

    The large Skill-shot plastic from a Stargate.
    Anyone got this ?

    Thanks !

    --
    Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
    http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

    Alex wrote:
    > The large Skill-shot plastic from a Stargate.
    > Anyone got this ?
    >
    > Thanks !
    >
    > --
    > Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
    > http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

    Alex
    l brought one from PBR about 3-4 weeks ago
    l think it was around 8 bucks

    Greg

    NOS glowballs for a stern viper... anyone know where to get these?

    nutellabrot@genion.de wrote:
    > NOS glowballs for a stern viper... anyone know where to get these?

    Someone just listed a NOS set here, better hurry!

    nutellabrot@genion.de wrote:
    > NOS glowballs for a stern viper... anyone know where to get these?

    I think there is one on Ebay as we speak!!

    Doug

    nutellabrot@genion.de wrote:
    > NOS glowballs for a stern viper... anyone know where to get these?

    Right now, my vote is for Indy 500 turbo assy, wireform from VUK to
    turbo, and pit ramp divertor :)

    -

    http://www.myhomegameroom.com

    qfrost wrote:
    > For a pinball, not counting NOS backglasses and playfields, or
    > prototype games?
    >>From the 60s on up.
    >
    > Just curious.

    I remember seeing something in google about the support bracket how it
    could be modified/replaced/fixed. Interesting reading but since I
    don't have a JM, did not save (should still be archived)

    The congo right large ramp..everybody parts out congo's, but there
    doens't seem to be any ramps left for sale :(

    Oh, man do I know how that dance goes - until we got the garage
    remodelled into an art studio and work area, I could easily spend an
    HOUR looking for a simple screwdriver.

    Someone months ago asked about a spare coin door I have - I just found
    it yesterday!

    The hardest part for John to find is a Charlie's Angels EM. It qualifies as
    a "part" since it would be "part" of his collection.

    Chris

    "John P. Dayhuff" <pinhead67@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Gee, where do i begin with this list.......? ;)
    >
    > Banzai run plastics, yeah i know there on ebay right now....but i'll keep
    > looking.
    > GnR " G " ramp
    > GnR axl plastic
    > Bobba Fett plastics
    > Canada dry drop targets, finally got Donal Murphy to make me two
    > sets...even
    > if they were missing some letters.
    > Shindig slingshot plastics
    > Fireball Classic, Odin plastic
    > Rolling Stones unfaded cabinet
    > Pinball by stern, 0-9 disk, or even a picture of one.
    > Spiderman drop target plastic
    > DE Playboy ramp
    > ect....ect........
    >
    > Good thing i can include backglasses or playfields on this list.....i'd
    > probably take up too much bandwidth. ;)
    >

    > --
    > John P. Dayhuff
    > Battle Creek, MI.
    > (269) 979-3836
    >
    > Still looking for:
    > E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
    > E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!
    >
    > "John in NC" <john_ncNOSPAM@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

    >> > The part that I need! :-)
    >> >
    >> Untill you finally find it, then someone turns up with 150 identical NOS
    >> parts on ebay starting at .99 cents ea.

    the little bitty one that I drop on the shag carpet - man what a pain
    to find that one.

    ---
    Steve Kulpa (cargpb10 - sigh)
    Hermitage, TN