Solved

What just happened?

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Boot
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
December 15, 2012 11:03:17 PM

So, I came back to my computer after I put it to sleep, but it wouldn't boot back up. The illuminated keys on my keyboard were off, and if I hit a key they flashed. So, I decided to completely shut if off. Once I turned it on, it took significantly longer to boot up. The monitor also lost connection multiple times while turning on. It eventually got to the login screen, but I noticed that it was incredibly choppy and slow. After I logged in I noticed that Steam was still open, as well as some other folders I had open when I put it to sleep. Odd, because I had completely shut off my computer just a minute ago. It was still pretty choppy and slow, but after about a minute it got back to normal.

Any idea on what just happened?

More about : happened

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
December 15, 2012 11:16:30 PM

If you shut it off abnormally, it probably needed to run a background CHKDSK on all drives. That could have caused the choppiness.
I have found when my AMD (but not Intel) machine(s) go to sleep, sometimes the three-fingered salute (Ctrl-Alt-Del) will wake them up properly.
a b $ Windows 7
December 15, 2012 11:47:03 PM

Full scan system with "SUPERANTISPYWARE" FREEWARE .some virus and spywares also do this
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
December 15, 2012 11:53:39 PM

Pingypoker said:
So, I came back to my computer after I put it to sleep, but it wouldn't boot back up. The illuminated keys on my keyboard were off, and if I hit a key they flashed. So, I decided to completely shut if off. Once I turned it on, it took significantly longer to boot up. The monitor also lost connection multiple times while turning on. It eventually got to the login screen, but I noticed that it was incredibly choppy and slow. After I logged in I noticed that Steam was still open, as well as some other folders I had open when I put it to sleep. Odd, because I had completely shut off my computer just a minute ago. It was still pretty choppy and slow, but after about a minute it got back to normal.

Any idea on what just happened?

What OS is this?

It sounds like it may be confusing itself with Hibernate which is causing the abnormal states and also going right back to being logged into programs, etc.
Check in Control Panel to see if it is enabled.

m
l
December 16, 2012 12:19:28 AM

hedwar2011 said:
What OS is this?

It sounds like it may be confusing itself with Hibernate which is causing the abnormal states and also going right back to being logged into programs, etc.
Check in Control Panel to see if it is enabled.

Windows 7 (this is the windows 7 forum). Anyways, I'll check that out.
m
l
December 23, 2012 12:42:27 AM

Best answer selected by Pingypoker.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 23, 2012 2:23:00 AM

Thanks. I assume that means the problem is resolved...
m
l
!