DVI-D Out of Range

LilDeamon

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
Ok so I bought a new LG Flatron E2250V monitor a few weeks ago and its been running fine in 1920 x 1080 60Hz, this is until i tried running the furmark benchmark in 1920 x 1080 full screen. My monitor turned black with a message stating:

------------------------------------------
DVI-D
OUT OF RANGE
33.8 KHz / 60Hz
------------------------------------------

This has also come up in Company of Heroes when the resolution is changed to 1920 x 1080, though other games such as WoW, Amnesia and Crysis all work fine.

To note, im using a second 17" monitor set to 1280 x 1024 60Hz and I have a Nvidia GTX 460.

If anyone can help please do :D

LilDeamon

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
Yeah mines the DVI-D Analog Single Link cable, id have thought I would get the best cable possible included. Because the cable is digital will a cheap one give the same picture as an expensive one? And would HDMI be a better choice than a Dual Link DVI cable?

Thanks for replying

Dual Link can carry a slightly higher bandwidth shan a single link. Unless you go over 4-5 feet in length you should not have to worry too much about "good" or not cable. HDMI vs DVI is really a matter of preference. HDMI is basically DVI with some added capability. You can stick with DVI but try a dual link cable. I have a hunch it may fix yoru issue, and it should be about $10 to try it. Sorted by best rating: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&Description=dvi%20dual%20link%20cable&bop=And&Order=RATING&PageSize=20

mauzer

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

I JUST HAD EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM AND SOLVED IT!! I have LG 22inch monitor and when I played coh om max resolution it was ok till I tried maxing the graphics and the solution is to go to screen resolution>advanced settings>monitor>properties>driver and uninstall the monitor but you must also check the box that says DELETE DRIVER DETAIL. Dont try to update the monitor driver just uninstall it like I said and restart the computer and after that if you go and check monitor properties you will note that instead of saying you have LG e234xx monitor it will say generic pnp monitor and this will fix your problem try playing games on max and see it runs like a charm.