Sign in with
Your question

Where is the PX2370? What to buy in it's place?*

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 9, 2011 4:00:27 PM

So I had/have finally decided on what monitor I would prefer, the Samsung PX2370, after reading many reviews and doing a LOT of research.....and now, when i search for it to see pricing and such...it's gone.

The only units I am actually able to find are Refurbished units, which obviously don't have Samsungs warranty still intact. Did they just stop production of them?

Follow-up question - Bearing in mind that the PX2370 is the monitor I was likely going to purchase, what would you recommend I choose instead since it apparently is no longer available?

Related Question - outside of using less eleectricity, is there any tangible difference that LED makes? What I mean is...when I am looking at one monitor with and one without LED, is LED actually superior, or is it only thinner and more Eco friendly, whereas the monitor w/o LED performs better?

More about : px2370 buy place

a b C Monitor
November 10, 2011 1:39:50 AM

I'd get a dell u2312hm instead. It's IPS while I'm guessing the other one is TN (Samsung has a nasty habit of not giving details like this.)

Seriously, to me buying a Samsung is like picking a monitor out of a grab bag.
m
l
November 10, 2011 3:07:59 PM

The Samsung is in fact TN, but is given EXCELLENT reviews all over the place...
http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/samsung-px2370/450...;contentBody;1r
CNet review basically says it is excellent, and one that they compare other monitors to in most of their following reviews.
Anyhow, one of the main things i will use my monitor for is gaming, especially looking forward to the new Skyrim, but I do enjoy FPS's as well. the monitor you suggest is an IPS (eIPS rather, but close enough) and I worry that it will then have ghosting issues, which i find distracting and annoying.
**EDIT** I found a very thorough review here...
http://www.pcmonitors.org/monitor-reviews/dell-u2312hm
It talks about the ghosting in games that will happen with reference to 2 different games, and basically confirms my fears that, even though it's not AS BAD as IPS's have been, it is still there, and it is noticeable. Which makes me sad. If it didnt' say that, I may have chosen to purchase this one.

Also, why is buying a Samsun like picking one out of a grab bag.....? They tend to have good quality from what i've experienced....
m
l
a b C Monitor
November 10, 2011 9:49:35 PM

It's just that they never list what monitor tech they use. Their best monitors are the same price as IPS panels, but they remove any of the stats that would clue you in that they aren't (viewing angle, # of colors, etc...)

I just feel like they are trying to fool me, so I look elsewhere.

As for ghosting, you get some of that on any monitor, even TNs(though TN has less).

Here's a good review that compares the ghosting on the dell ips against some TN panels

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2312hm.htm

but if ghosting is your number one issue you might want to stick to TN.
m
l
!