Problem with Zone Friends and Entering Game Rooms

About 3 days ago I started having a problem logging into Zone Friends and
entering game rooms. I am able to log into .NET Passport with no problem.
However, when I click on one of the game rooms (in backgammon and spades) I
get an error message that states "A connection to the game server could not
be established. Unspecified error. " Also, Zone Friends shows "Logging
on...." in the lower left hand corner but never logs me in. I would
appreciate any suggestions or recommended solutions to this problem.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem zone friends entering game rooms
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    soju_dave2 wrote:

    > About 3 days ago I started having a problem logging into Zone Friends and
    > entering game rooms. I am able to log into .NET Passport with no problem.
    > However, when I click on one of the game rooms (in backgammon and spades) I
    > get an error message that states "A connection to the game server could not
    > be established. Unspecified error. " Also, Zone Friends shows "Logging
    > on...." in the lower left hand corner but never logs me in. I would
    > appreciate any suggestions or recommended solutions to this problem.

    If you have a firewall, that could be the cause.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q232584/

    If you have XP, SP2 adds a second firewall. Known issues with XP SP2
    and various products out there.

    It may help to use the "Enabling programs" section of the above article
    to allow Zone.exe, Zproxy.exe and any other Zone program that
    communicates with the Zone.

    There's a section here on disabling the XP firewall:
    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/MultiPlayer.html#fwall

    Look here for more suggestions:
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html

    --

    +Elmo_Tech
    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support

Games Microsoft Error Message Video Games