Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Switching from vertical to landscape screen format!!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 17, 2010 7:46:09 PM

I have an Acer Aspire 7740-5691 laptop. I somehow inadvertently hit a sequence of keys, which made the screen jump from the normal landscape format to a "vertical" one. I don't know the magical keying sequence to flip it back. My options are to lie on my side forever or to be bailed out by instructions from someone with actual brains. Help1

Jiminy Crick-in-the-neck

Best solution

August 17, 2010 7:57:45 PM

My work laptop rotates the screen if I press alt+ctrl+arrow key. Give that a shot.
August 27, 2010 4:47:46 PM

Thanks for your help. Turns out the best method is right-clicking on the home page, clicking Graphic Properties, & going to "Rotation".
Score
Related resources
December 18, 2012 4:05:03 PM

kaosnkorruption said:
My work laptop rotates the screen if I press alt+ctrl+arrow key. Give that a shot.

Hey thank you so much for posting this answer. I had picked up my laptop in the dark last night to move it to a safer place and I inadvertantly rotated the screen. This morning when I saw it I panicked. Fornutately your solution worked perfectly on my dell inpiron mini laptop. Thanks again.
SparrowHawk30309
Score
a c 248 D Laptop
February 23, 2013 6:54:27 PM

Best answer selected by Brett928S2.
Score
a c 248 D Laptop
February 23, 2013 6:54:38 PM

Hi :) 

CLOSING due to age... but please start another thread if you are still having problems , which I will answer promptly...

All the best Brett :) 
Score
!