Sign in with
Your question

Need Help Purchasing New Laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 17, 2010 10:01:26 PM

Hello, I'm looking for help with purchasing a higher end laptop. I have done quite a bit of research but i'm having trouble finding the best one for me. Thanks in advance for any help.

1_What is your budget?

Max 1400.00

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15"-17"

3_What screen resolution do you want?

Preferably 1920 x 1080

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Would prefer a more portable laptop but i understand if the specifications would force it to be a desktop replacement

5_How much battery life do you need?

At least 3 hours

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Yes; Bioshock, Crysis, Fallout 3 hopefully all on high.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Photo editing via Photoshop

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

500 GB preferably running at 7200 RPM

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

um, a long time.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Would like to have a Bluray ROM/ Writer

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Open to all

13_What country do you live in?

USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I would prefer to stay away from purely gaming laptop's. Would like to have something that is aesthetically pleasing but not over the top. I understand that what i want might be difficult to fit under my budget, but i would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you!

More about : purchasing laptop

August 18, 2010 6:01:11 AM

Check out Asus g73. it's loaded for around 1400 if you shop around for a great price
August 18, 2010 10:15:32 PM

Thanks i'll look into that, but i'm also looking at the Sony VAIO F Series. It comes with a 1080p display, blu-ray drive and the i7. Any opinions on that?
!