Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Efficiency.

I want my school laptop to be stable and give me the same performance every time I power her on. I can live with my computer which is a little slower but in looking at a new computer I'm really looking for something that I can take to class turn on with a quick boot time and than go to work immediately.

Versatility.

Just because it is a "school laptop" doesn't mean I don't want to have a wide range of applications that I will be loading. Productivity apps, social networking, video, pictures, documents, and games should all be able to co-exist on the same computer without much hassle. I want the computer to be as simple or complex as I want it to be for every given task.

Customization.

Is is "my" laptop. I'm going...

makwy2

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Efficiency.

I want my school laptop to be stable and give me the same performance every time I power her on. I can live with my computer which is a little slower but in looking at a new computer I'm really looking for something that I can take to class turn on with a quick boot time and than go to work immediately.

Versatility.

Just because it is a "school laptop" doesn't mean I don't want to have a wide range of applications that I will be loading. Productivity apps, social networking, video, pictures, documents, and games should all be able to co-exist on the same computer without much hassle. I want the computer to be as simple or complex as I want it to be for every given task.

Customization.

Is is "my" laptop. I'm going to take it everywhere I go so I want it to feel like I am taking a little part of me where I'm going. That's the whole idea of having one a laptop, right? I might sit next to someone with the same model laptop but I feel assured that mine is mine and theirs is theirs. My applications, files, and personality should be on display. When I open a school laptop up in class, at a group meeting, or just to study I at feel at home with my computer experience.

Solitaire.

Seriously. Solitaire kept me awake when no other thing could. It makes you look like you are casually taking notes... and paying attention when the guy/gal next to you is asleep.

I hope that helps your outreach Isabella! Feel free to PM if you want more.

Solution

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi Makwy2,

Thank you for this great feedback! Are you currently searching for a laptop for school? If so, I think you will really like the Sony Vaio EB series because of all the great customizations that are available.

I agree, solitaire is a fun game!

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

makwy2

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009

I am looking but prbly won't purchase until later in the semester. That Sony is beautiful.. but your really pay for it! $720+tax+s&h for an i3+320gb hdd+4gb DDR3 is not a good deal. My search continues....

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi there,

What about the Dell Studio 15? It has very similar specs and is a little less expensive at $649.

Cheers,
Isabella

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi,

The Dell is a pretty solid choice. A great website for checking out other laptops and comparing their specs is PC Scout. There are some awesome Asus, HP, and Toshiba laptops featured on there as well. You just search by the specs you want and it will recommend laptops for you: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?mode=landing#.

Cheers,
Isabella

makwy2

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009

Thanks Isabella. If it has Win7 it is already 90% awesome!

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

You're welcome! And thanks for the awesome feedback. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Cheers,
Isabella

Status
Not open for further replies.