DVD Region Code

I have a 8300 with a DVD burner and after a month, I decided to use
the burner however it is asking me to change the Region Code as my
current region code is blank. How do I change the code to 4 for
Australia. I cant seem to find this anywhere and Dell have byet to
reply to my emails (2). Sorry if this is a dumb arse question.

Gary Travers
5 answers Last reply
More about region code

    "Gary Travers" <GaryT@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
    > I have a 8300 with a DVD burner and after a month, I decided to use
    > the burner however it is asking me to change the Region Code as my
    > current region code is blank. How do I change the code to 4 for
    > Australia. I cant seem to find this anywhere and Dell have byet to
    > reply to my emails (2). Sorry if this is a dumb arse question.

    It is done in Device Manager.
    You need to 'right-click' on the dvd-drive entry in Dev. Mgr and then select
    'Properties'.
    When the properties window opens you will see several tabs at the top, click
    on 'DVD-Region'
    Select your region from the list and click Apply.

    On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 09:03:27 -0400, "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote:

    >"Gary Travers" <GaryT@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
    >> I have a 8300 with a DVD burner and after a month, I decided to use
    >> the burner however it is asking me to change the Region Code as my
    >> current region code is blank. How do I change the code to 4 for
    >> Australia. I cant seem to find this anywhere and Dell have byet to
    >> reply to my emails (2). Sorry if this is a dumb arse question.
    >>

    >It is done in Device Manager.
    >You need to 'right-click' on the dvd-drive entry in Dev. Mgr and then select
    >'Properties'.
    >When the properties window opens you will see several tabs at the top, click
    >on 'DVD-Region'
    >Select your region from the list and click Apply.

    Thanks PC Medic, works a charm.

    Gary Travis

    GaryT wrote:
    > On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 09:03:27 -0400, "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote:
    >

    >>"Gary Travers" <GaryT@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have a 8300 with a DVD burner and after a month, I decided to use
    >>>the burner however it is asking me to change the Region Code as my
    >>>current region code is blank. How do I change the code to 4 for
    >>>Australia. I cant seem to find this anywhere and Dell have byet to
    >>>reply to my emails (2). Sorry if this is a dumb arse question.
    >>>

    >>It is done in Device Manager.
    >>You need to 'right-click' on the dvd-drive entry in Dev. Mgr and then select
    >>'Properties'.
    >>When the properties window opens you will see several tabs at the top, click
    >>on 'DVD-Region'
    >>Select your region from the list and click Apply.
    >>

    > Thanks PC Medic, works a charm.
    >
    > Gary Travis

    Just a minor comment!!!

    Make sure that you do NOT make too many changes to this setting!! There
    is a limit on the number of changes that you can make!!

    I think it is a total of 5 & you have already used up 1 life!!

    Obviously, if you are going to stick with DVDs solely for your own
    region, then you will not need to make any more changes & the above
    comment is not relevant!!

    Regards,
    John

    Before you use your second "life", be aware that there is a setting of "0"
    which allows all regions to be played on the DVD player. It may not show up and
    you may not be able to enter it, but it does exist.
    "Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20

    Maybe OT, but you might want to look at this site:

    http://www.etplanet.com/download/dvdtools.shtm

    Louie
    Gainesville, FL, US

    "JLP20" <jlp20@aol.comnocrap> wrote in message
    > Before you use your second "life", be aware that there is a setting of "0"
    > which allows all regions to be played on the DVD player. It may not show
    up and
    > you may not be able to enter it, but it does exist.
    > "Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20

    ---

Dell DVD DVD Burner Computers