So I've seen a lot of reviews between these two monitors, but haven't quite gotten the opinion I am looking for. Maybe somebody here can help.
Okay, well I know these 27" 2560x1440 IPS panels are all the same, but AG coats, inputs, refresh rates, input lag, and black levels are not.
I currently am using a U2711 A06 at my work and I really like it. The AG coat doesn't seem to be too bad and the features are really good. But I haven't gotten a chance to see what the ZR2740 looks like, how the anti-glare coating is, and the difference in black levels and picture quality.
I am trying to chose between the two but I'm totally torn.
Here's a list of how important features are to me
1. GOOD AG coating, my ZR24w had a horrible one and I removed it immediately after buying the monitor.
2. Low backlite bleed and solid looking blacks. The blacker the blacks the better.
3. Very good viewing angle. IPS is the way to go for this.
4. High color accuracy.
5. Mountability. I plan on mounting the monitors, so the ability to mount is important
6. Not a Mac.
7. Input lag / refresh rates / ghosting (I don't game much, but I would like to be able to, I would like these monitors to last a while and used for all purpose)
8. Thin bevel if possible. (I've opened up these monitors before, I do not see why they feel the need to make them so thick. People do dual-monitor these.)
I also don't know the release cycles for Dell, but I am curious to know if anyone has any idea on when a U2712 will be coming out. I would kick myself in the head if they come out soon after I buy a U2711 and it blows it out of the water.