Sign in with
Your question

U2711 vs ZR2740w

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 11, 2011 6:01:07 PM

U2711 vs Zr2740w

So I've seen a lot of reviews between these two monitors, but haven't quite gotten the opinion I am looking for. Maybe somebody here can help.

Okay, well I know these 27" 2560x1440 IPS panels are all the same, but AG coats, inputs, refresh rates, input lag, and black levels are not.

I currently am using a U2711 A06 at my work and I really like it. The AG coat doesn't seem to be too bad and the features are really good. But I haven't gotten a chance to see what the ZR2740 looks like, how the anti-glare coating is, and the difference in black levels and picture quality.

I am trying to chose between the two but I'm totally torn.

Here's a list of how important features are to me

1. GOOD AG coating, my ZR24w had a horrible one and I removed it immediately after buying the monitor.
2. Low backlite bleed and solid looking blacks. The blacker the blacks the better.
3. Very good viewing angle. IPS is the way to go for this.
4. High color accuracy.
5. Mountability. I plan on mounting the monitors, so the ability to mount is important
6. Not a Mac.
7. Input lag / refresh rates / ghosting (I don't game much, but I would like to be able to, I would like these monitors to last a while and used for all purpose)
8. Thin bevel if possible. (I've opened up these monitors before, I do not see why they feel the need to make them so thick. People do dual-monitor these.)

I also don't know the release cycles for Dell, but I am curious to know if anyone has any idea on when a U2712 will be coming out. I would kick myself in the head if they come out soon after I buy a U2711 and it blows it out of the water.

More about : u2711 zr2740w

a b C Monitor
November 11, 2011 6:45:22 PM

I have a zr2740w sitting next to a u3011(not quite apples to apples, but close). Image-wise the dell is slightly better for two reasons:

1) Its AR coating is much smoother than the HP
2) Its response time is lower, so it has a little less blur behind moving objects.

Otherwise, they look very similar
m
l
November 11, 2011 7:49:23 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm leaning towards the U2711 currently because I feel safer with it, but I'm also wondering if there is any guesses on a U2712 model.
m
l
a b C Monitor
November 11, 2011 7:57:12 PM

Dell won't announce a u2712 while they still have a large stock of u2711's. If they discount the u2711 deeply, it's a good sign the u2712 is close to shipping.
m
l
!