Your question

How do i find my security key on my computer

Last response: in Windows 7
December 16, 2012 6:42:56 AM

Hello,
how do i find my security key on my acer labtop
December 16, 2012 6:46:01 AM

Security key for what?
- I'll note now that assisting people to bypass Security measures breaches the Toms Hardware Forums Terms of Service.
- eg: If you stole it, just return it to the guy you stole it from and ask for forgiveness.

We're not allowed to help you until we can verify ownership of the device in question.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 16, 2012 7:21:02 AM

Scott_D_Bowen said:
Security key for what?
- I'll note now that assisting people to bypass Security measures breaches the Toms Hardware Forums Terms of Service.

If you stole it, just return it to the guy you stole it from and ask for forgiveness.

Stop accusing people of theft etc, Your breaking forum rules yourself with the way you are posting about these things. I noticed on another thread you suggested reinstalling a Non- pirated copy of windows.

@
vdavis_93
Your PC will have a holographic sticker on it somewhere, usually on the bottom and sometimes inside the battery compartment. if its not on the bottom remove the battery and tale a look on the case underneath it.

Mactronix :) 
m
l
Related resources
December 16, 2012 8:23:46 AM

Relax!

I never suggested that the copy he was using was pirated, only that to ensure that he install a non-pirated copy of Windows 7.
- Nor did I imply it was pirated either.
- Even if it was pirated it may have been pirated by the person that sold him the PC (more likely IMHO) than the person having problems with the PC.

Back onto this threads topic: Laptop theft during the holiday season skyrockets, we should all be aware of this.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 16, 2012 8:45:37 AM

Scott_D_Bowen said:
I never suggested that the copy he was using was pirated, only that to ensure that he install a non-pirated copy of Windows 7.
Nor did I imply it was pirated either.

Laptop theft during the holiday season skyrockets, we should all be aware of this.

So someone posts about having an issue with the PC dropping back to desktop and you don't see how you reply was implying the copy being used was pirated ? your reply just to remind you was,

Quote:
Definitely a good time to re-install a non-pirated version of Window 7 I think.

Now if posting that is not implying you think the copy is pirated I don't know what is.

I'm not here to argue about it with you, just take it as a friendly warning that your posts could be read as Implying criminal activities on the part of other posters and likewise.

Quote:
If you stole it, just return it to the guy you stole it from and ask for forgiveness

Is casting aspersions on the poster.

Both are in breach of forum rules.

Mactronix :) 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 16, 2012 9:17:26 AM

If it's the BIOS password you can request a unique master password by contacting the manufaturer with the laptops serial number and proof of purchase.
m
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
December 16, 2012 10:01:19 AM

Is he not after the default encryption key to connect to a router which is normally found the base of the device?
m
l
December 16, 2012 10:31:55 AM

vdavis: as has been said, the Windows key should be on a sticker - normally underneath or in the battery compartment.

However, as The Stig (respekt!) said, are you looking for the router/modem key?
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
December 16, 2012 1:36:43 PM

Explain a little more detail on why you need the key and we can see if we can help you find it!
m
l
!