Sign in with
Your question
Solved

A Seagate Momentus XT in MSi's X600?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 18, 2010 1:05:40 PM

Hey Guys,
I'm in the market for a new notebook, and have fallen in love with the MSi X600. If its not this notebook, then I'll probably import an Asus U30Jc from the US (In Aus, it retails $1300). But back to my question...

Regardless of what notebook I buy, I want to install the XT, but after going through the X600 manual, it says;
"HDD form factor: 2.5”, 9.5mm High, 5400rpm"

Now I need to know if that means the installed HDD specs, or if its the size of the cavity for the HDD, because the listed dimensions on the Seagate website list the XT as being 9.7mm high. Could I squeeze it in? Or do I have to buy both and see what happens? If worst comes to it, then I guess I get a new XT for my OS on my desktop, but if anyone can help me on the matter, that would be great!

Any and all help would be appreciated;
Dave

Best solution

a b D Laptop
August 19, 2010 12:06:45 AM

As long as you go with a 2.5" hard drive, you should be just fine. But first, take a look at it when you get it just to be sure that it will fit.
August 20, 2010 7:08:12 AM

Best answer selected by davito92.
m
l
August 20, 2010 7:09:40 AM

Thanks, I can't really expect more information unless someone is in the exact same situation as me, so I'll just have to take the plunge! Hopefully I can get back to ya guys!
m
l
!