hi_its_me_scott

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
I have had a Canon MX700 for several years and it has worked flawlessly. Recently (with no changes to my computers) it has started printing blank pages. It still runs the papers through as if they're being printed on but they come out blank. I replaced the ink, but that didn't help and there are no error messages being displayed.

Any suggestions?

RefreshCartridges

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
If your printer is going through the motions of printing but not putting any ink to paper this would suggest that one or more of the colours have dried/blocked on your printers printhead. This is most commonly/noticeable the black portion of the printhead. In this instance I would recommend running 2-3 head cleans from your printer software or the printer itself. This forces more in through the printhead and is likely to improve the situation. If you have to do more cleans I would recommend leaving a few minutes between them to avoid burning out the printhead entirely.

I have written an article on the subject that covers this issue in a little more detail here if you were interested.

I don't blame you if your not however. :p