DIFFERENCES BETWEEN 8300 AND 8400

I was looking at the Dell website and their catalog and was wondering what
differences are there between the two besides the different Pentium 4 chip,
what looks like a PCI vs. AGP video card, an extra opening for cooling, and
the DDR2 SDRAM memory chips?
3 answers Last reply
More about differences 8300 8400

    The video is PCI Express, not PCI (it's the replacement for AGP), but other
    than that, you've
    hit on most of the major differences.

    "Chopperdad" <scotty@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > I was looking at the Dell website and their catalog and was wondering what
    > differences are there between the two besides the different Pentium 4
    chip,
    > what looks like a PCI vs. AGP video card, an extra opening for cooling,
    and
    > the DDR2 SDRAM memory chips?

    Okay, when I read PCI Express in the catalog and on the web site, I assumed
    that there was no AGP slot anymore.

    http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1087# PCI Express.

    > Okay, when I read PCI Express in the catalog and on the web site, I
    assumed
    > that there was no AGP slot anymore.
    >
    > "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.com> wrote in message
    > > The video is PCI Express, not PCI (it's the replacement for AGP), but
    > other
    > > than that, you've
    > > hit on most of the major differences.
    > >

    > > "Chopperdad" <scotty@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > > I was looking at the Dell website and their catalog and was wondering
    > what
    > > > differences are there between the two besides the different Pentium 4
    > > chip,
    > > > what looks like a PCI vs. AGP video card, an extra opening for
    cooling,
    > > and
    > > > the DDR2 SDRAM memory chips?

Dell Computers