Sign in with
Your question

How to make a line in mic a external mic

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 19, 2010 8:41:07 AM

Hello, i recently bought a microphone and it came with a speakers jack,and a microphone jack.When i plug them in, the Speakers work just fine. But, the microphone does not. And, from what i have researched, This is because my microphone appears as "Line In" I have tried this the mic on a different computer, and it works just fine there. But, i just would really like to know that how i could fix this problem. Please, if you could help it would really really really be appreciated.
August 19, 2010 5:30:08 PM

Can you submit a photo of how you have this connected... it sounds like the mic connection might be plugged into the wrong slot. Also what OS are you using on both computers?
m
l
August 20, 2010 12:03:35 AM

christiangordon said:
Can you submit a photo of how you have this connected... it sounds like the mic connection might be plugged into the wrong slot. Also what OS are you using on both computers?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525. There is only one microphone jack, and two speaker jacks. And, i am running Windows 7 on both computer. I honestly dont know what this problem is.
m
l
!