Need Canoscan 3000f driver windows 7 (x64 bit)

DBAWiz

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Hi,
Trying to install Canoscan 3000F scanner on Windows 7 home premium (x64)

The only official driver from cannon is for XP/2000/Vista for 32 bit OS. Twain driver via USB.

I can not find a way to install 32 bit version on 64 bit OS.

Is there a generic driver or a way to install an uplevel driver ???

Thanks in advance

SumGuy1

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013

Dang dude, @sshole much? A search turned up no such answer, and the attitude suggests it would have been erroneous, at best, anyways

David Culliford

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014

David Culliford

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Hi
I have been unable to find any 64 bit drivers for Canon 3000f which is a perfectly good scanner. Apparently no such driver exists as Canon are no longer supporting this model. I have got my 3000f scanner working perfectly on Windows 8 64 bit by installing VirtualBox from Oracle. This is a free download and was not very difficult to install. Once VirtualBox is installed it will ask you to set up a virtual machine by installing an alternative operating system. I installed XP Pro which I had a disk for from an earlier computer. Once this is installed and set up, install the latest version of Canon ScanGear (which has the 32 bit drivers) now you install a 32 bit version of Photoshop or VueScan or whatever scanning software you like and away you go. Since VirtualBox launches really quickly it is not a big deal running it when you want to do some scanning (better than scrapping a perfectly good scanner). If installing VirtualBox be aware that you will have to set up a shared folder to place your scans in as only some operating systems support dragNdrop between the guest machine and the host.

If using a 32 bit version of Photoshop make sure that the plugin called Twain_32 is in the plugin folder. This may be in a subfolder called Import-Export in CS2 or older.

Hope this is helpful to anyone else with an unsupported Canon scanner as the scanners themselves are really good quality (I have used my one for many years and it has always worked faultlessly) and deserve to be kept running.

Best of luck

Dave C.