Sign in with
Your question

Does anybody

Last response: in Windows 7
December 16, 2012 2:33:33 PM

Does anybody have any solutions to my problem on windows 7 cd/dvd drive not appearing in my computer?

More about : question

December 16, 2012 3:20:22 PM

mack_45 said:
Does anybody have any solutions to my problem on windows 7 cd/dvd drive not appearing in my computer?

Have you checked the data and power connections? Does it show in BIOS or Device Manager? It would also help to know if this is a new build or an existing build that had been working previously.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 16, 2012 3:25:02 PM

My father had this problem recently. The device was disabled in Device Manager. Re-enabling it fixed his problem.
m
l
Related resources
December 22, 2012 11:12:45 PM

Max Collodi said:
Have you checked the data and power connections? Does it show in BIOS or Device Manager? It would also help to know if this is a new build or an existing build that had been working previously.

No it doesn't show in device manager and it's showing in BIOS. Yes it's an upgrade from vista to win 7. It was working before I changed it over.
m
l
December 22, 2012 11:14:55 PM

Max Collodi said:

At one time I cut my computer on it did recognize the drive but it went right back out after shut down
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 23, 2012 3:43:51 AM

mack_45 said:
At one time I cut my computer on it did recognize the drive but it went right back out after shut down

Go into Device Manager and remove the listings under IDE/ATAPI controllers that are listed there. Usually there will be a primary and secondary controller option. Try to remove the secondary controllers only as this is usually what is controlling the CD/DVD drive and then reboot.

Windows will reinstall these drivers which in turn will reinstall the CD/DVD drive drivers.

You can also try uninstalling the upper/lower filters from the registry. You can find info on doing that HERE
m
l
!