Lobby error

I have Win ME and IE 6 SP1. I have MSN Gaming Zone installed.
But since some days when trying to get into rooms (bridge) it give this
error:
"Lobby caused an error in <unknown>. The program Lobby now will be
stopped"
I have uninstalled MSN Gaming Zone and deleted the folder twice also
removed the HeartbeatCtl Class program file.
Each reinstall seems correct.
But i get the same error message when trying to enter rooms.
What can i do to solve this ?
Thanks for your help.

--

Batifol
5 answers Last reply

    "Batifol" <guy.callo@wanadoo.fr> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > I have Win ME and IE 6 SP1. I have MSN Gaming Zone installed.
    > But since some days when trying to get into rooms (bridge) it give this
    > error:
    > "Lobby caused an error in <unknown>. The program Lobby now will be
    > stopped"
    > I have uninstalled MSN Gaming Zone and deleted the folder twice also
    > removed the HeartbeatCtl Class program file.
    > Each reinstall seems correct.
    > But i get the same error message when trying to enter rooms.
    > What can i do to solve this ?
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Batifol

    hi, i have the same problem.... tried a lot of things... nothing to do....
    pls help us

    Eddy
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    eddy wrote:

    > "Batifol" <guy.callo@wanadoo.fr> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > > I have Win ME and IE 6 SP1. I have MSN Gaming Zone installed.
    > > But since some days when trying to get into rooms (bridge) it give this
    > > error:
    > > "Lobby caused an error in <unknown>. The program Lobby now will be
    > > stopped"
    > > I have uninstalled MSN Gaming Zone and deleted the folder twice also
    > > removed the HeartbeatCtl Class program file.
    > > Each reinstall seems correct.
    > > But i get the same error message when trying to enter rooms.
    > > What can i do to solve this ?
    > > Thanks for your help.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Batifol
    >
    > hi, i have the same problem.... tried a lot of things... nothing to do....
    > pls help us
    >
    > Eddy

    These files were recently updated:

    Zone.zat, Zone.exe, ZClient.exe, Zonecli.dll and the files in the ZSetup
    folder. Delete all then reenter for fresh copies.

    Also look here for other suggestions:

    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html

    --

    +Elmo_Tech
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    "+Elmo_Tech" <elmogeek@iglou.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Also look here for other suggestions:
    >
    > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
    >
    > --
    >
    > +Elmo_Tech

    hi, i know your website... it was very useful other time i got problem with
    zone...
    unfortunately this time i've tried all your suggestions and other found on
    the web.... nothing has worked :-(

    i'm thinking abuot a format.... but it would be a great problem.... i use
    the pc for my job, too.

    hope to find something.... if i do i will repost...

    thanx a lot for your help, Eddy (sorry for my english but despite the name
    i'm italian)
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    eddy wrote:

    > "+Elmo_Tech" <elmogeek@iglou.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > > Also look here for other suggestions:
    > >
    > > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > +Elmo_Tech
    >
    > hi, i know your website... it was very useful other time i got problem with
    > zone...
    > unfortunately this time i've tried all your suggestions and other found on
    > the web.... nothing has worked :-(
    >
    > i'm thinking abuot a format.... but it would be a great problem.... i use
    > the pc for my job, too.
    >
    > hope to find something.... if i do i will repost...
    >
    > thanx a lot for your help, Eddy (sorry for my english but despite the name
    > i'm italian)

    If your firewall allows Zone.exe and Zclient.exe, it may not allow the
    new versions of the files. Remove the two from the list, then allow the
    new versions when prompted.

    --

    +Elmo_Tech
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    You should start by removing and reinstalling heartbeatctl using the following article as a guide:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q225041/

    Even if you are successful in removing heartbeat follow the instructions to remove any conflict folders under the heading
    NOTE: You may find the files are located within a folder called Conflict.x, where x is a sequential number starting at 1 and
    continuing for as long as there are Conflict folders. If the above steps do not work, try the following steps:

    Once you have removed heartbeat and any conflict folders restart your system (IMPORTANT) and then reinstall heartbeat by returning
    to the zone (reinstallation is automatic).

    if using zonealarm you would also be well advised to remove it from the approved applications list and allow it to re-add the zone
    data files. The changes made to stop folders involved some connections changes that may cause ZA to block zone access. By
    re-adding the zone as an approved application ZA will pick up the modified settings and save them.

    --
    +_Nobody_U_Know_
    Helper Committee
    "Batifol" <guy.callo@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:MPG.1beb9032c7f525098968a@msnews.microsoft.com...
    >I have Win ME and IE 6 SP1. I have MSN Gaming Zone installed.
    > But since some days when trying to get into rooms (bridge) it give this
    > error:
    > "Lobby caused an error in <unknown>. The program Lobby now will be
    > stopped"
    > I have uninstalled MSN Gaming Zone and deleted the folder twice also
    > removed the HeartbeatCtl Class program file.
    > Each reinstall seems correct.
    > But i get the same error message when trying to enter rooms.
    > What can i do to solve this ?
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Batifol