Your question

Trying to Switch from Apple to Windows

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
August 19, 2010 7:08:37 PM

hey guys
i am looking for a good laptop

1_What is your budget?
I would prefer not to go over $800

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

something bigger then a netbook, I have and am use to a 17' but am pretty flexible.

3_What screen resolution do you want?

decent, but I am not to picky

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

I only use a laptop, so desktop replacement

5_How much battery life do you need?
really only a few hours is needed, I am usually able to carry the charger where it needs to go

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

No gaming

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing
,watching movies, Etc.)

the main thing is movies. I use the Netflix instant watch and watch a lot of movies on Youtube and other assorted websites

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

-my current Apple is 4 years old, from what I see they don't make them with as little storage as I have so pretty much anything is go

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

-none

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

-I have averaged about four years on my last two

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

-nothing specific

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

-I am open to suggestion, i have been a mac person since birth and the only reason i am looking to leave it is because of the price. I don't know a whole lot about the different brands and have no real personal experience with anything other then using it for a few minutes

13_What country do you live in?

-US

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

-to be honest the only thing complex i need it for is watching videos and movies. Other then that I use Word, Excel, etc. and web surfing, nothing too complex.

More about : switch apple windows

a b D Laptop
August 19, 2010 8:49:28 PM

mrjeels said:
hey guys
i am looking for a good laptop

1_What is your budget?
I would prefer not to go over $800

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

something bigger then a netbook, I have and am use to a 17' but am pretty flexible.

3_What screen resolution do you want?

decent, but I am not to picky

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

I only use a laptop, so desktop replacement

5_How much battery life do you need?
really only a few hours is needed, I am usually able to carry the charger where it needs to go

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

No gaming

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing
,watching movies, Etc.)

the main thing is movies. I use the Netflix instant watch and watch a lot of movies on Youtube and other assorted websites

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

-my current Apple is 4 years old, from what I see they don't make them with as little storage as I have so pretty much anything is go

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

-none

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

-I have averaged about four years on my last two

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

-nothing specific

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

-I am open to suggestion, i have been a mac person since birth and the only reason i am looking to leave it is because of the price. I don't know a whole lot about the different brands and have no real personal experience with anything other then using it for a few minutes

13_What country do you live in?

-US

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

-to be honest the only thing complex i need it for is watching videos and movies. Other then that I use Word, Excel, etc. and web surfing, nothing too complex.

Hi Mrjeels,

You should look into purchasing the Dell Studio 15. It has a fast processor, 4 GB of RAM, and 500 GB of hard drive space which means it will be able to handle multi-tasking effectively and be able to store a significant amount of files. The 15.6" screen is an ideal size for productivity and movie watching and at 5.5 lbs it is still portable. It is also a great value at $649.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team
!