TECH: Sys7 cpu (Black Knight)

Hi all!

Got an early prod BK (trans in head and sys6 psu). When i got it the
cpu was locked on and if left on for about a minute it would show
different numbers on the 7 segment display and sometimes go out after
that. After reseating all conenctors it stopped doing that too and now
it's constantly stuck on with a 0. As a temporar solution until i can
get some connectors i soldered the pins between the cpu and driver
board together (40pin connector).
Tried replacing PIAs nothing. Replaced 555 timer at blanking section
nothing. Reset works. Followed clays guide and got to the step to check
the roms for pulsing signals. until this everything is in order ( the
cpu has clock signal etc).
I don't have leons testeproms so i can't really do all the things
written there.
Q.: Is the irq signal supposed to come on before the roms are read or
only if they are already read ?

I'd appreciate any help. Also i there's anyone out there who can give
me pointers on what to check without the test eprom please mail me!

Thanks

Much good info here that may help:

http://pinball.flippers.info/system6resources.asp

--
Fred
TX

"EdHunTer<eddietheremovethised@walla.com>" <eddietheed@walla.com> wrote in message

> I'd appreciate any help. Also i there's anyone out there who can give
> me pointers on what to check without the test eprom please mail me!

Actually a better link is
http://marvin3m.com/sys37/index1.htm

Mark has not updated the web page mentioned below
for several years. He basically out of pinball.
The marvin link gets updated often with new
information and ideas.

Fred Kemper wrote:
> Much good info here that may help:
>
> http://pinball.flippers.info/system6resources.asp
>
> --
> Fred
> TX
> CARGPB#8
>
> "EdHunTer<eddietheremovethised@walla.com>" <eddietheed@walla.com> wrote in message
> >

> > I'd appreciate any help. Also i there's anyone out there who can give
> > me pointers on what to check without the test eprom please mail me!

As i wrote above i followed marvin3m.com guide.
My main concern is if the IRQ signal is required to start running the
software in the eproms or does that come on only when ic17 has already
been read.