can't gain server to play with other players

Last response: in Video Games
October 29, 2004 11:50:04 PM

Hello there!

I have done a windows update yesterday it required me to update Microsoft
..NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.
Prior to that I have installed Service Pack 2 and it was running fine before
I installed the above NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack.

Can't get into games to play with other players this is the message I get:
A connection to the game server could not be established
Uspecified error.

Please Help! Love the site! I use Windows XP
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 2:15:22 PM

"G.L.J.D.Whiting" wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> I have done a windows update yesterday it required me to update Microsoft
> .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.
> Prior to that I have installed Service Pack 2 and it was running fine before
> I installed the above NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack.
>
> Can't get into games to play with other players this is the message I get:
> A connection to the game server could not be established
> Uspecified error.
>
> Please Help! Love the site! I use Windows XP

Maybe a port was blocked by this update. See this page for suggestions:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html

With WinME and WinXP you can run System Restore and select an entry
point listed on a date before the problem first occurred. This may not
help with an update.

Also look in the Control Panel for a list of updates, remove the most
recent one.

--

+Elmo_Tech