can't gain server to play with other players

Hello there!

I have done a windows update yesterday it required me to update Microsoft
..NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.
Prior to that I have installed Service Pack 2 and it was running fine before
I installed the above NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack.

Can't get into games to play with other players this is the message I get:
A connection to the game server could not be established
Uspecified error.

Please Help! Love the site! I use Windows XP
1 answer Last reply
More about gain server play players
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    "G.L.J.D.Whiting" wrote:

    > Hello there!
    >
    > I have done a windows update yesterday it required me to update Microsoft
    > .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1.
    > Prior to that I have installed Service Pack 2 and it was running fine before
    > I installed the above NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack.
    >
    > Can't get into games to play with other players this is the message I get:
    > A connection to the game server could not be established
    > Uspecified error.
    >
    > Please Help! Love the site! I use Windows XP

    Maybe a port was blocked by this update. See this page for suggestions:

    http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/PortRoute.html

    With WinME and WinXP you can run System Restore and select an entry
    point listed on a date before the problem first occurred. This may not
    help with an update.

    Also look in the Control Panel for a list of updates, remove the most
    recent one.

    --

    +Elmo_Tech

Framework Games Microsoft Servers Video Games