MN-700 w/Terayon TJ615 losing connection

I just replaced my (working) SMC router with a MN-700.

Installed the software from the CD, hooked up the hardware,
upgraded the firmware (like it prompted me to do) -
basically I followed the directions.

My new router gets out to the internet for a few seconds
(maybe a few minutes if I'm lucky) and then stops getting
out. It loses the IP address/Network totally. And it seems
the only way to 'fix' it (temporarily) is to power off/on
the router again. In the hours I've spent with it, I've had
to constantly power off/on every minute or so. Ridiculous.

What's up with this? Anyone heard of this problem and how
to resolve it?

I haven't even started using the Wi-Fi part, this is all
hard-wired cables I'm talking about.

JD
2 answers Last reply
More about terayon tj615 losing connection

    Are you on a PPPoE connection?

    Could you please post the last ten entries from your basestation log
    when this happens (before doing a power cycle that will destroy the
    useful information in the log).

    JD Waters wrote:

    > I just replaced my (working) SMC router with a MN-700.
    >
    > Installed the software from the CD, hooked up the hardware,
    > upgraded the firmware (like it prompted me to do) -
    > basically I followed the directions.
    >
    > My new router gets out to the internet for a few seconds
    > (maybe a few minutes if I'm lucky) and then stops getting
    > out. It loses the IP address/Network totally. And it seems
    > the only way to 'fix' it (temporarily) is to power off/on
    > the router again. In the hours I've spent with it, I've had
    > to constantly power off/on every minute or so. Ridiculous.
    >
    > What's up with this? Anyone heard of this problem and how
    > to resolve it?
    >
    > I haven't even started using the Wi-Fi part, this is all
    > hard-wired cables I'm talking about.
    >
    > JD

    I had a problem with my MN-700 and a Terayon TJ715X. My
    desktop, hoooked up through Ethernet, wouldn't access the
    Internet, even though my laptops would wirelessly or
    through Ethernet. I got a clue wihen I tried to upgrade
    the MSBN firmware on the desktop and got the message to
    disable my firewall. But I had no firewall activated.
    After some experimenting, though, I uninstalled my Norton
    Internet Security software (even though I had never
    enabled the firewall and it still listed that module as
    inactive) and all my problems were solved.

    So you might try installing the new MN-700 firmware and
    see if you get that message. If you can't download the
    firmware, check your Windows setting and make sure your
    firewall is disabled. Check any other security software
    you might have installed for the same thing. If
    everything is disabled, then uninstall any firewall
    software, even if you have in disabled.

    If that solves your problem like it did mine -
    congratulations!

    Now, how do we protect ourselves from the big, bad world
    of the Web!!?? :-}

    ChrisB

Routers Networking