Leveling and lining up machines in a row questions

Hi

I previously had my machines lined up against the wall at an angle so the
backbox/cabinet art was more easily viewable . But since getting another
machine I need all the room so I had to rearrange them to maximize space.

___________ This is the wall.
\\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ These are the machines before.

___________ This is the "after typical arrangement"
|| || || || || || ||

Now that I have rearranged them flush against the wall (to maximize room)
the backboxes don't seem to line up and they are not level to each other. I
have not yet leveled the machines.

What would be the best way to level all the machines and to have the
backboxes lined up. The machines will be arranged by manufacturer and the
different brands don't have to line up with each other but I want the seven
Williams/bally titles to be uniform.

BTW machines included are all late model-- seven Williams/Bally, two Sterns,
one Capcom.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Set them up to play correctly, then worry about what they look like
(match their heights). One problem I've found, though is that when
moving a machine to a different spot (even just a couple of feet), they
always need to be re-tweaked.

-Gregg B

I can get the backboxes mostly even, and leave the differences in the
front of the game.. some are sloped more than others, but this isn't
as notcieable as backboxes being all different. I'd prefer the angled
approach, but when you gotta start cramming.. aesthetics go out the
window :)

PinDude wrote:
> Set them up to play correctly, then worry about what they look like
> (match their heights). One problem I've found, though is that when
> moving a machine to a different spot (even just a couple of feet), they
> always need to be re-tweaked.
>
> -Gregg B

My personal preference is to have the front of all the machines on the same
level and live with the difference in backbox height. If you start in the
back and properly level all the games for the correct playfield angle, they
may not "feel" correct .

Mark

"Martin Hirsch" <martinhirschREMOVEspam@cox.net> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I previously had my machines lined up against the wall at an angle so the
> backbox/cabinet art was more easily viewable . But since getting another
> machine I need all the room so I had to rearrange them to maximize space.
>
> ___________ This is the wall.
> \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ These are the machines before.
>
> ___________ This is the "after typical arrangement"
> || || || || || || ||

> Now that I have rearranged them flush against the wall (to maximize room)
> the backboxes don't seem to line up and they are not level to each other.
> have not yet leveled the machines.
>
> What would be the best way to level all the machines and to have the
> backboxes lined up. The machines will be arranged by manufacturer and the
> different brands don't have to line up with each other but I want the
seven
> Williams/bally titles to be uniform.
>
> BTW machines included are all late model-- seven Williams/Bally, two
Sterns,
> one Capcom.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

"Martin Hirsch" <martinhirschREMOVEspam@cox.net> wrote in

> Now that I have rearranged them flush against the wall (to maximize
> room) the backboxes don't seem to line up and they are not level to
> each other. I have not yet leveled the machines.
>
> What would be the best way to level all the machines and to have the
> backboxes lined up. The machines will be arranged by manufacturer and
> the different brands don't have to line up with each other but I want
> the seven Williams/bally titles to be uniform.

As a general rule, it is not possible to do what you want AND maintain
the proper pitch/level of all the games simultaneously. The position of
the playfield mounts (or pivots) in games varies due to the height
_above_ the playfield needed for the toys, ramps, habitrails, etc.
Because of this variance, the playfields can (and do) have different -
internal- pitches referenced to the bottom (or top) of the cabinet.

With that said, sometimes you can get lucky. For example, my FuunHouse
and my Roolergames have the playfield mounts in almost exactly the same
spot. So when pitched and leveled the same, the glass and backbox tend
to line up on them.

....Then the line gets totally f'd up by Dooctor Who next to Roolergames,
and by Hiigh Speed next to Fuunhouse. Neither of these come close to
matching.