Steve Wozniak: An Engineer's Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]Can someone explain to me why this article exists?[/citation]
Can someone please explain why the internet exists?
I'm confused :( :( :(

G

This is a tech website, jerkoffs. Expect tech related articles. If you want pottery and table arrangements, feel free to visit MarthaStewart.com.

macer1

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
+1

This is a tech website, jerkoffs. Expect tech related articles. If you want pottery and table arrangements, feel free to visit MarthaStewart.com.

darkbob87

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
Devin here,

Are there actually people wondering why an article about Steve Wozniak is on Tom's Hardware? If Wozniak wasn't an engineer, or worse yet stayed at HP designing scientific calculators, there's a solid chance you wouldn't be sitting at your computer asking that question, which I hopefully just answered.

Titanius

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Who the hell is Steve Wozniak and why should I give a damn? I mean, what the hell is going on, first we get the two EPIC FAILS such as a smartass explaining why he became an Apple fanboy and wants to show us his justification of becoming one and now this...what's next, China takes over the world? 2012 is the end of everything? Stating the obvious application of randomness to bore the hell out of everyone visiting this site just to get them to click the links that lead to stores to get them to buy stuff they don't need. Oh, and try to take over the world.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]Titanius[/nom]Who the hell is Steve Wozniak[/citation]Read the second sentence. [citation][nom]Titanius[/nom]why should I give a damn? [/citation]You tell me.
[citation][nom]Titanius[/nom] I mean, what the hell is going on, first we get the two EPIC FAILS such as a smartass explaining why he became an Apple fanboy and wants to show us his justification of becoming one and now this...[/citation]Obviously you didn't take notice of the author's name. [citation][nom]Titanius[/nom]what's next, China takes over the world? 2012 is the end of everything? Stating the obvious application of randomness to bore the hell out of everyone visiting this site just to get them to click the links that lead to stores to get them to buy stuff they don't need. Oh, and try to take over the world.[/citation]
What? Ok...

darkbob87

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
Devin again,

I am by no means an Apple fanboy, so I don't know who you're referring to. Second of all, Apple fan or not...it's Steve Wozniak. If any one person is responsible for the personal computer, it's him. Try using wikipedia next time, chief.

This guy is the real deal ... read up on his life before you shoot your mouth off.

Anyone who doesn't understand this should be rated out of existance.

Use the ratings to reflect this.

He rates as one of the most important creative geniouses of our age.

The other Apple guy is a loser in comparison ... a wannabe.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I didn't mean any respect to Steve Wozniak... The man has done great things for our industry, and keeps a good sense of humor.

But, this is NOT news. This is borderline celebrity gossip.

Case in point:
"So what is the Woz up to now? Besides pushing his book “iWoz: Computer Geek to Cult Icon”, he is still a huge Segway fan and takes his Segway Polo seriously."

WTF? How does Steve being a "Segway fan" qualify as "tech related"? Eh, Newbfy? It's no more "tech related" than anything on MarthaStewart.com, JERKOFF.

randomizer

Champion
[citation][nom]darkbob87[/nom]Devin again,I am by no means an Apple fanboy, so I don't know who you're referring to.[/citation]
Which is why I made the comment about the author's name. The Apple articles were a different author, so I don't know why they were even brought up.

tripperdan99

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
The Woz is the creator of the Apple Computer, Steve Jobs was the front personality/sales person. I appreciate Tom's Hardware running the article. When I loaded TH webpage and saw the article, it was the first thing I clicked. I still have my limited Woz Apple //gs computer (museum piece) which is probably older than most of the TH readers. Typical, but still sad, to see anal flame-out. Just don't click the link.

G

woot for the Wizard of Woz~!~! (if you don't know about this joke, watch Code Monkeys first episode)

G

I guess paying homage to people you respect, and showing that there is more than one side to the leaders of the industry, escapes most people.

If you have any interest in tech, you should already know what Steve Wozniak has done, it is nice to see a different perspective.

He has also made a few appearances on G4TechTV, which i found amusing.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
For those that won't accept this Bill Gates/Steve Jobs wannabe for what he is, name one thing he contributed to the IT industry in the last 10 years.

He lost his vision years ago but still wish to stay in the spot light forced him to play this kind of celebrity stun. Want proof? Just look at him, Gates, Jobs and Ellison. Gates retired but still guides MS, Jobs and Ellison are still at the helm and this joke is captaining a Segway and dates Kathy Griffin.

He should have left the scene years ago and stop embarrassing the whole IT industry with his unkempt 60-years-old-Eric-Cartman-playing-WoW image.

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Here are some quotes for those nay sayers.

"All the technology that surrounds us, all the management theories, the economic models that predict and guide our behavior, the science that helps us to live to eighty-it's all created by a tiny percentage of deviant smart people. The rest of us are treading water as fast as we can."

"We're a planet of over six billion ninnies living in a civilization that was designed by a few thousand amazingly smart deviants.

"I find great humor in the fact that we ever take ourselves seriously. We rarely recognize our own idiocies, yet we can clearly identify the idiocies of others"

Scott Adams.

Word!

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]And I should care about this guy why? I even forgot he even existed until this article. This guy will be forgotten, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, etc will not.[/citation]

You're very (VERY) ignorant of computer history.Steve Wozniak will always be remembered as the genius who created the Apple II and helped start the personal computer revolution in the 1970's and 1980's.Without Steve Wozniak,Steve Jobs would have probably just end up as a bum.Without Steve Wozniak and Apple Computer, I.B.M. might not have developed their IBM PC (model 5150) as soon as they did and where would Bill Gates and Microsoft be without DOS for the IBM PC.

matobinder

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2007
Ah. Woz is cool. Drive downtown San Jose, next to the Children's Museuml the street is even named after him. "Woz Way"

I'm no Apple fan, but this was in the early years. When all computers were fun. BASIC. It worked on everything. I played with TRS-80's, Tandy 1000's, Apple I and IIs. Atari Computers(those ones's with the non button flat keyboards)

Man those were the days.

G

the amount of apathy and wanton ignorance in here is simply stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.