asus mobo accurate reading?

mc2k

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2005
Hi I am wondering, if my Oc is save since, I heared that asus read temps lower then it actuualy (how much lower?)
I did the readings asus probe( max temp in prime95 after 7 hours running =49C. Is this a safe temp even asus read lower? or should U recommend me another monitore prog then asus probe?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mc2k on 01/21/05 05:02 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

endyen

Splendid
If your sensor is supported, MBM5 is nice, and easy. If not, Sandra works.
The thing is, that it is the calibration of the sensor Asus uses, and not the program , that reads your temps low.
It doesn't really matter though. If you can run prime95 for 7 hours, even if the probe said 99c, your system is stable and can take a lot more abuse than you are likely to through at it.
Dont worry you are fine.

mc2k

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2005
99? hmzz Its a Northwood p4 I heared not go 60 C above(55 is nice) Am I right?
btw is a 3.2 oc to 3.6, not that much tho (stock cooler)
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by mc2k on 01/22/05 04:16 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
Hi,

Your CPU will start to throttle at 70C. That means it will slow down all on its own.

You have to try keep the temperature below that. The lower the better since it theoretically extends the life of your chip (cpu). Your maximum temperature under Prime95 torture should be as low as you can reasonably make it.

With the way CPU's increase in speed, it is unlikely you will want to keep this chip for significant use in 5 years probably not even 3 years.

The loving are the daring!