Zone Lobby Will Not Load

Symptom: As i try to enter a zone lobby - sign in succeeds, zone friends
loads and logs on successfully, and the lobby selector page loads. However,
when i click on one of the room links to enter a game lobby, nothing happens.
I dont get an error message, but the lobby doesnt load at all.

I have tried un-installing and re-installing, have tried disabling all
firewalls and anti virus software, made sure my internet settings were
correct. I deleted the registry keys for lobby.exe and zclient.exe. I removed
HeartbeatCTL Class and re-installed that. I tried rebooting, manually
deleting all zone files and re-installing, deleting msn gaming zone through
control panel and re-installing. All to no effect.

I still cant get into a zone lobby. Whats wrong? Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about zone lobby load
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    __MupPeTT__ wrote:

    > Symptom: As i try to enter a zone lobby - sign in succeeds, zone friends
    > loads and logs on successfully, and the lobby selector page loads. However,
    > when i click on one of the room links to enter a game lobby, nothing happens.
    > I dont get an error message, but the lobby doesnt load at all.
    >
    > I have tried un-installing and re-installing, have tried disabling all
    > firewalls and anti virus software, made sure my internet settings were
    > correct. I deleted the registry keys for lobby.exe and zclient.exe. I removed
    > HeartbeatCTL Class and re-installed that. I tried rebooting, manually
    > deleting all zone files and re-installing, deleting msn gaming zone through
    > control panel and re-installing. All to no effect.
    >
    > I still cant get into a zone lobby. Whats wrong? Any suggestions?

    In the past, that has been caused by the jscript engine failing for one
    reason or another. Try this article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q236/8/46.ASP

    Also, these files were recently updated:

    Zone.zat, Zone.exe, Zclient.exe, Zonecli.dll, and all the files in the
    ZSetup folder. Delete all then reenter the Zone.

    --

    +Elmo_Tech

Video Games