Im not getting signal on my tv/monitor

Pcnoob007

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Help! I started my build today. i read the manual and followed the instructions as best as i could but when i was done and hit the power button, everything turned on except i I'm not getting any signal on my tv. Im using an HDMI cable i'm guessing thats the problem but I'm afraid to go back and try to fix anything. I also noticed a red LED go off as soon as i hit the power button but it never lights up again. (Only once) can anyone help? I think its my motherboard. Also, i tried turning it on about times and the last time i turned it on, my fans connected to the motherboard were no longer turning on. Im afraid i might've burned my motherboard. Here are my specs:

Motherboard: ASUS p8z77-vlk
Cpu: intel i5 3570k
Ram: corsair Vengeance LP ram 1600MHz
Psu: corsair CX600 watt
Cpu cooler: corsair H100 water cooler
Gpu: MSI GeForce gtx 670 power edition

Pcnoob007

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Im sorry if I'm this ignorant but, whats an onboard. Im begging to think i shouldn't have started this build in the first place. Lol

Pcnoob007

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
So i got my pc to turn on, the chassis fans still don't work, and now it says to "restart and boot from a boot device"
What exactly does that mean? Does it mean i need to connect my SSD drive?

Yes, the system can't find a drive to boot from. You'll have to insert a Windows DVD and install Windows on the SSD.
How have you connected the case fans (to the motherboard or to the power supply)?

Pcnoob007

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
We got the PC to work!! The thing was that when we plugged in the lower to the CPU cooler, we pulled the cable and it got unplugged from the back. So thats why the fans wouldn't work. Now I am installing Windows 7 and I'm wondering if its a problem that i didn't turn AHCI on? I just put the disc in and booted it without changing any AHCI or RAID settings.

pc look at your mb guild that came with the mb. some sata ports now default to have achi mode on as default. if you did not are they dont all you have to do is put the windows disk back in and remove all the partion on the ssd and reboot and restart the windows install.

Pcnoob007

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Yes, I want to do a reinstall, but I was wondering how I should go about it. Should I delete the already-installed OS? If so, how? Or should I just reinstall it without deleting anything? Because I was thinking, would that make it 2 install copies or would it just overwrite it automatically?

Pcnoob007

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
I want to reinstall Windows 7 with AHCI mode, how should I delete the current install? And I haven't used the product key.