Lobby not loading for game rooms

Symptoms: I cant get into any lobbies. I can log in, and zone friends loads
successfully, i can send and recieve zone messages. I go to the lobby
selector page for spades, backgammon, or whatever game, and see the rooom
links. When i click a link, the lobby does not open. I do not get an error
message either. Nothing at all happens.

Operating system: Windows XP Pro

What i have tried so far:
I have tried everything i can think of to make this work, to no effect. I
uninstalled msn gaming zone from the control panel and reinstalled. I also
uninstalled manually by deleting from inside program files\msn gaming zone. I
deleted HeartbeatCtl Class and tried again. I rebooted, deleted temporary
internet files, and made sure i was trying from the current zone webpage. I
turned off my firewall, my anti virus software. I made sure my internet
settings were configured properly for the zone. I made sure i allowed the
downloads with the new service pack 2 controls, and enabled pop ups from the
zone webpages.
1 answer Last reply
More about lobby loading game rooms
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone (More info?)

    __MupPeTT__ wrote:

    > Symptoms: I cant get into any lobbies. I can log in, and zone friends loads
    > successfully, i can send and recieve zone messages. I go to the lobby
    > selector page for spades, backgammon, or whatever game, and see the rooom
    > links. When i click a link, the lobby does not open. I do not get an error
    > message either. Nothing at all happens.
    >
    > Operating system: Windows XP Pro
    >
    > What i have tried so far:
    > I have tried everything i can think of to make this work, to no effect. I
    > uninstalled msn gaming zone from the control panel and reinstalled. I also
    > uninstalled manually by deleting from inside program files\msn gaming zone. I
    > deleted HeartbeatCtl Class and tried again. I rebooted, deleted temporary
    > internet files, and made sure i was trying from the current zone webpage. I
    > turned off my firewall, my anti virus software. I made sure my internet
    > settings were configured properly for the zone. I made sure i allowed the
    > downloads with the new service pack 2 controls, and enabled pop ups from the
    > zone webpages.

    With WinME and WinXP you can run System Restore and select an entry
    point listed on a date before the problem first occurred.

    You can remove the latest Windows Update from Add/Remove Programs; that
    might help.

    --

    +Elmo_Tech

Games Video Games