Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

management tools grayed out MN700 w/sp2

Last response: in Networking
Share
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 12:39:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

I am unable to get into my management tools. I tried totally reinstalling
the broadband and I did get in once, now it's grayed out again. I have no
other computer even on the network and it still won't let me click to open
it.
Any suggestions?
Carol

--
* * * Check out my online Business Advertisement * * *
Complete Computer Services
http://www.papertodvd.com
* * * * * * * *
My Personal Web Site:
http://www.keppy.net
* * * * * * * *
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 12:50:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

Simply go into 192.168.2.1 in your browser. You are probably running some
software (like ATI's extended drivers?) which is blocking the BNU.
Everything you can do in the management tool can be done in your browser, so
you can uninstall the networking software from within Add or Remove
Programs.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
Associate Expert
Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone


"Keppy" <keppy@msn.com> wrote in message
news:%23gvayNYoEHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I am unable to get into my management tools. I tried totally reinstalling
>the broadband and I did get in once, now it's grayed out again. I have no
>other computer even on the network and it still won't let me click to open
>it.
> Any suggestions?
> Carol
>
> --
> * * * Check out my online Business Advertisement * * *
> Complete Computer Services
> http://www.papertodvd.com
> * * * * * * * *
> My Personal Web Site:
> http://www.keppy.net
> * * * * * * * *
>
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 1:24:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

I can uninstall it, won't that uninstall the broadband from loading drivers
or something?
I am able to access it in IE just fine, thanks.
Carol

"Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o pUrDUYoEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Simply go into 192.168.2.1 in your browser. You are probably running some
> software (like ATI's extended drivers?) which is blocking the BNU.
> Everything you can do in the management tool can be done in your browser,
> so you can uninstall the networking software from within Add or Remove
> Programs.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
> Associate Expert
> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>
>
> "Keppy" <keppy@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:%23gvayNYoEHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>I am unable to get into my management tools. I tried totally reinstalling
>>the broadband and I did get in once, now it's grayed out again. I have no
>>other computer even on the network and it still won't let me click to open
>>it.
>> Any suggestions?
>> Carol
>>
>> --
>> * * * Check out my online Business Advertisement * * *
>> Complete Computer Services
>> http://www.papertodvd.com
>> * * * * * * * *
>> My Personal Web Site:
>> http://www.keppy.net
>> * * * * * * * *
>>
>
>
Related resources
September 23, 2004 2:37:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

Uninstalling the software will only uninstall the software. The drivers
are only removed if you remove them manually. This is perfectly normal
because the installer doesn't even know about any drivers that were
installed.

Keppy wrote:
> I can uninstall it, won't that uninstall the broadband from loading drivers
> or something?
> I am able to access it in IE just fine, thanks.
> Carol
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 2:37:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

It just says "Microsoft Broadband Networking" not utilities. Is that the one
I can remove?
Carol

"Joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
news:u1y4RuYoEHA.1988@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Uninstalling the software will only uninstall the software. The drivers
> are only removed if you remove them manually. This is perfectly normal
> because the installer doesn't even know about any drivers that were
> installed.
>
> Keppy wrote:
>> I can uninstall it, won't that uninstall the broadband from loading
>> drivers or something?
>> I am able to access it in IE just fine, thanks.
>> Carol
>
September 23, 2004 3:01:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

If that's what they call it now. That sounds right. I haven't had the
software installed since version 1.*. Also I was running Windows XP SP1
back then, that was the only version of the software too, & to install
the automatic updates at that point the software was needed, but they
changed it so it isn't even needed for the updates.

Keppy wrote:

> It just says "Microsoft Broadband Networking" not utilities. Is that the one
> I can remove?
> Carol
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 10:04:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

As Joker says, that's all it is. The firmware is installed on the router
itself, and you really don't need the pretty front-end software. Windows XP
itself handles networking much better than the broadband software, and you
can manually administer the router without the software.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
Associate Expert
Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone


"Keppy" <keppy@msn.com> wrote in message
news:o QivRnYoEHA.1992@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I can uninstall it, won't that uninstall the broadband from loading drivers
>or something?
> I am able to access it in IE just fine, thanks.
> Carol
>
> "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o pUrDUYoEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Simply go into 192.168.2.1 in your browser. You are probably running
>> some software (like ATI's extended drivers?) which is blocking the BNU.
>> Everything you can do in the management tool can be done in your browser,
>> so you can uninstall the networking software from within Add or Remove
>> Programs.
>> --
>> Chris H.
>> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
>> Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
>> Associate Expert
>> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>>
>> "Keppy" <keppy@msn.com> wrote in message
>> news:%23gvayNYoEHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>>I am unable to get into my management tools. I tried totally reinstalling
>>>the broadband and I did get in once, now it's grayed out again. I have no
>>>other computer even on the network and it still won't let me click to
>>>open it.
>>> Any suggestions?
>>> Carol
>>>
>>> --
>>> * * * Check out my online Business Advertisement * * *
>>> Complete Computer Services
>>> http://www.papertodvd.com
>>> * * * * * * * *
>>> My Personal Web Site:
>>> http://www.keppy.net
>>> * * * * * * * *
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 10:08:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

It is uninstalled and my broadband network is working just fine. I can get
into the utilities with no problem. Thanks for all your help.
Since you seem to know about networking, I have another question for you, if
you don't mind.
What is the string I need to type into the dos window to find my new laptops
mac address? I forget and I have mac filtering and want to add my new laptop
:-)
Guess I should have written that down somewhere!
Carol

"Joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
news:uHF6u7YoEHA.1668@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> If that's what they call it now. That sounds right. I haven't had the
> software installed since version 1.*. Also I was running Windows XP SP1
> back then, that was the only version of the software too, & to install the
> automatic updates at that point the software was needed, but they changed
> it so it isn't even needed for the updates.
>
> Keppy wrote:
>
>> It just says "Microsoft Broadband Networking" not utilities. Is that the
>> one I can remove?
>> Carol
>
September 23, 2004 11:23:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

"ipconfig /all" (without the quotes of course). On the NT kernel the
MAC address is listed as the Physical Address. On Windows 9x you can
run "winipcfg" (without the quotes of course) & select the network card
you are interested in (Assuming that the card has been fully bound to
TCP/IP).

Keppy wrote:

> It is uninstalled and my broadband network is working just fine. I can get
> into the utilities with no problem. Thanks for all your help.
> Since you seem to know about networking, I have another question for you, if
> you don't mind.
> What is the string I need to type into the dos window to find my new laptops
> mac address? I forget and I have mac filtering and want to add my new laptop
> :-)
> Guess I should have written that down somewhere!
> Carol
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 3:13:14 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

ipconfig /all That's the one, thanks a lot Joker. I knew one of you guys
would know what the heck I was talking about :-)
Carol

"Joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
news:o OmchUdoEHA.1576@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> "ipconfig /all" (without the quotes of course). On the NT kernel the MAC
> address is listed as the Physical Address. On Windows 9x you can run
> "winipcfg" (without the quotes of course) & select the network card you
> are interested in (Assuming that the card has been fully bound to TCP/IP).
>
> Keppy wrote:
>
>> It is uninstalled and my broadband network is working just fine. I can
>> get into the utilities with no problem. Thanks for all your help.
>> Since you seem to know about networking, I have another question for you,
>> if you don't mind.
>> What is the string I need to type into the dos window to find my new
>> laptops mac address? I forget and I have mac filtering and want to add my
>> new laptop :-)
>> Guess I should have written that down somewhere!
>> Carol
>
!