management tools grayed out MN700 w/sp2

I am unable to get into my management tools. I tried totally reinstalling
the broadband and I did get in once, now it's grayed out again. I have no
other computer even on the network and it still won't let me click to open
it.
Any suggestions?
Carol

--
* * * Check out my online Business Advertisement * * *
Complete Computer Services

    Simply go into 192.168.2.1 in your browser. You are probably running some
    software (like ATI's extended drivers?) which is blocking the BNU.
    Everything you can do in the management tool can be done in your browser, so
    you can uninstall the networking software from within Add or Remove
    Programs.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Keppy" <keppy@msn.com> wrote in message
    >I am unable to get into my management tools. I tried totally reinstalling
    >the broadband and I did get in once, now it's grayed out again. I have no
    >other computer even on the network and it still won't let me click to open
    >it.
    > Any suggestions?
    > Carol
    >
    > --
    > * * * Check out my online Business Advertisement * * *
    > Complete Computer Services
    > http://www.papertodvd.com
    > * * * * * * * *
    > My Personal Web Site:
    > http://www.keppy.net
    > * * * * * * * *

    I can uninstall it, won't that uninstall the broadband from loading drivers
    or something?
    I am able to access it in IE just fine, thanks.
    Carol

    "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Simply go into 192.168.2.1 in your browser. You are probably running some
    > software (like ATI's extended drivers?) which is blocking the BNU.
    > Everything you can do in the management tool can be done in your browser,
    > so you can uninstall the networking software from within Add or Remove
    > Programs.
    > --
    > Chris H.
    > Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    > Associate Expert
    >

    > "Keppy" <keppy@msn.com> wrote in message
    >>I am unable to get into my management tools. I tried totally reinstalling
    >>the broadband and I did get in once, now it's grayed out again. I have no
    >>other computer even on the network and it still won't let me click to open
    >>it.
    >> Any suggestions?
    >> Carol
    >>
    >> --
    >> * * * Check out my online Business Advertisement * * *
    >> Complete Computer Services
    >> http://www.papertodvd.com
    >> * * * * * * * *
    >> My Personal Web Site:
    >> http://www.keppy.net
    >> * * * * * * * *

    Uninstalling the software will only uninstall the software. The drivers
    are only removed if you remove them manually. This is perfectly normal
    because the installer doesn't even know about any drivers that were
    installed.

    Keppy wrote:
    > I can uninstall it, won't that uninstall the broadband from loading drivers
    > or something?
    > I am able to access it in IE just fine, thanks.
    > Carol

    It just says "Microsoft Broadband Networking" not utilities. Is that the one
    I can remove?
    Carol

    "Joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > Uninstalling the software will only uninstall the software. The drivers
    > are only removed if you remove them manually. This is perfectly normal
    > because the installer doesn't even know about any drivers that were
    > installed.
    >
    > Keppy wrote:
    >> I can uninstall it, won't that uninstall the broadband from loading
    >> drivers or something?
    >> I am able to access it in IE just fine, thanks.
    >> Carol

    If that's what they call it now. That sounds right. I haven't had the
    software installed since version 1.*. Also I was running Windows XP SP1
    back then, that was the only version of the software too, & to install
    the automatic updates at that point the software was needed, but they
    changed it so it isn't even needed for the updates.

    Keppy wrote:

    > It just says "Microsoft Broadband Networking" not utilities. Is that the one
    > I can remove?
    > Carol

    As Joker says, that's all it is. The firmware is installed on the router
    itself, and you really don't need the pretty front-end software. Windows XP
    itself handles networking much better than the broadband software, and you
    can manually administer the router without the software.
    --

    >I can uninstall it, won't that uninstall the broadband from loading drivers
    >or something?
    > I am able to access it in IE just fine, thanks.
    > Carol
    >
    > "Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Simply go into 192.168.2.1 in your browser. You are probably running
    >> some software (like ATI's extended drivers?) which is blocking the BNU.
    >> Everything you can do in the management tool can be done in your browser,
    >> so you can uninstall the networking software from within Add or Remove
    >> Programs.
    >> --
    >> Chris H.
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    >> Associate Expert
    >>

    >> "Keppy" <keppy@msn.com> wrote in message
    >>>I am unable to get into my management tools. I tried totally reinstalling
    >>>the broadband and I did get in once, now it's grayed out again. I have no
    >>>other computer even on the network and it still won't let me click to
    >>>open it.
    >>> Any suggestions?
    >>> Carol
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> * * * Check out my online Business Advertisement * * *
    >>> Complete Computer Services
    >>> http://www.papertodvd.com
    >>> * * * * * * * *
    >>> My Personal Web Site:
    >>> http://www.keppy.net
    >>> * * * * * * * *

    It is uninstalled and my broadband network is working just fine. I can get
    into the utilities with no problem. Thanks for all your help.
    Since you seem to know about networking, I have another question for you, if
    you don't mind.
    What is the string I need to type into the dos window to find my new laptops
    mac address? I forget and I have mac filtering and want to add my new laptop
    :-)
    Guess I should have written that down somewhere!

    > If that's what they call it now. That sounds right. I haven't had the
    > software installed since version 1.*. Also I was running Windows XP SP1
    > back then, that was the only version of the software too, & to install the
    > automatic updates at that point the software was needed, but they changed
    > it so it isn't even needed for the updates.
    >
    > Keppy wrote:
    >
    >> It just says "Microsoft Broadband Networking" not utilities. Is that the
    >> one I can remove?
    >> Carol

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    "ipconfig /all" (without the quotes of course). On the NT kernel the
    MAC address is listed as the Physical Address. On Windows 9x you can
    run "winipcfg" (without the quotes of course) & select the network card
    you are interested in (Assuming that the card has been fully bound to
    TCP/IP).

    Keppy wrote:

    > It is uninstalled and my broadband network is working just fine. I can get
    > into the utilities with no problem. Thanks for all your help.
    > Since you seem to know about networking, I have another question for you, if
    > you don't mind.
    > What is the string I need to type into the dos window to find my new laptops
    > mac address? I forget and I have mac filtering and want to add my new laptop
    > :-)
    > Guess I should have written that down somewhere!
    > Carol
  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    ipconfig /all That's the one, thanks a lot Joker. I knew one of you guys
    would know what the heck I was talking about :-)

    > "ipconfig /all" (without the quotes of course). On the NT kernel the MAC
    > address is listed as the Physical Address. On Windows 9x you can run
    > "winipcfg" (without the quotes of course) & select the network card you
    > are interested in (Assuming that the card has been fully bound to TCP/IP).
    >
    > Keppy wrote:
    >
    >> It is uninstalled and my broadband network is working just fine. I can
    >> get into the utilities with no problem. Thanks for all your help.
    >> Since you seem to know about networking, I have another question for you,
    >> if you don't mind.
    >> What is the string I need to type into the dos window to find my new
    >> laptops mac address? I forget and I have mac filtering and want to add my
    >> new laptop :-)
    >> Guess I should have written that down somewhere!
    >> Carol

Routers Management Microsoft Computers Networking