What other ic's, transitors etc do you need.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Hi,

I am fixing to update my site www.arcadechips.com with some other items
that I have here, but would like to buy more inventory as well. I would
like to ask everyone what parts they would like to see me stock. I
myself dont have interest in selling ten cent parts etc, but if its at a
price where a little money can be made then its ok by me. I sell some
odd ball stuff that is rare, but stocking stuff that wont sell doesnt do
me any good either:(

Just let me know your thoughts,
Mark Capps

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

SC-01A, Q*Bert and Gottlieb pinball speech chip
ER2055, Atari high score save chip
AN5515, I need one to fix a TV :)

df

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

ya know what I'd like... is a *kit*

that is a collection of resistors, caps, LSxx series chips, etc. I know NTE
makes them, but the NTE resistor kit is $35 and most if it is for the
metal/plastic cabinet that it comes in.

I hate having to go to my local electronics store with a shopping list and
say gimme 10 1/2 watt 47 ohm resistors, 10 1/2 200 ohm, etc.

I'd also like to see someone sell a big *box o'logic* (a couple each of the
most common 74xx parts).

It's a real pita to buy this stuff by the 10... especially when your doing
home repair you don't need 100 of each!

steve

"big dog" <catfishh@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am fixing to update my site www.arcadechips.com with some other items
> that I have here, but would like to buy more inventory as well. I would
> like to ask everyone what parts they would like to see me stock. I myself
> dont have interest in selling ten cent parts etc, but if its at a price
> where a little money can be made then its ok by me. I sell some odd ball
> stuff that is rare, but stocking stuff that wont sell doesnt do me any
> good either:(
>
> Just let me know your thoughts,
> Mark Capps

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

IMO kits sorted for different boards would be a good idea. It is time
consuming to put them together but i think it'd be worth your while.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

In rec.games.pinball Steve Muccione <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote:
: ya know what I'd like... is a *kit*
:
: that is a collection of resistors, caps, LSxx series chips, etc. I know NTE
: makes them, but the NTE resistor kit is $35 and most if it is for the
: metal/plastic cabinet that it comes in.
:
: I hate having to go to my local electronics store with a shopping list and
: say gimme 10 1/2 watt 47 ohm resistors, 10 1/2 200 ohm, etc.

At least you have a store to go to :)
Problem with a resistor kit is that you'd get piles of values you'd never use.

: I'd also like to see someone sell a big *box o'logic* (a couple each of the
: most common 74xx parts).

Jameco's got a decent TTL kit, but a lot of the parts you use up in a week,
and a lot, you'll never touch... Would be interesting to put together a
list of the 50 or so most commonly used arcade TTLs and kit that way.

: It's a real pita to buy this stuff by the 10... especially when your doing
: home repair you don't need 100 of each!

Sounds like you just need to do more repairs! :)

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Hi,

Yes I have thought about having a kit with the most common TTL chips
that fail and are found on the majority of pcbs. I know yall do more
repairs that I so let me know the TTL part #s that often fail. I know
about 10 of them but thats all.

Mark Capps

On 2005-09-10 17:14:09 -0700, big dog <catfishh@bellsouth.net> said:

> Hi,
>
> I am fixing to update my site www.arcadechips.com with some other items
> that I have here, but would like to buy more inventory as well. I
> would like to ask everyone what parts they would like to see me stock.
> I myself dont have interest in selling ten cent parts etc, but if its
> at a price where a little money can be made then its ok by me. I sell
> some odd ball stuff that is rare, but stocking stuff that wont sell
> doesnt do me any good either:(
>
> Just let me know your thoughts,
> Mark Capps

9301's? I'm just going to start looking for those. I suspect they are
around though!

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

> Sounds like you just need to do more repairs! :)

Yup! I agree :)

I've been doing so much software work recently that I'm getting rusty...
hence the recent logic analyzer purchase.

I recently was fixing an AR II board and stuck on of the big 3300uf caps in
backwards... kablooee... I can't remember the last time I've done that
(which doesn't mean that I don't do that... just that it's been a bit since
I've done any actual repair that you have to think about).

"Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
> In rec.games.pinball Steve Muccione <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote:
> : ya know what I'd like... is a *kit*
> :
> : that is a collection of resistors, caps, LSxx series chips, etc. I know
> NTE
> : makes them, but the NTE resistor kit is $35 and most if it is for the
> : metal/plastic cabinet that it comes in.
> :
> : I hate having to go to my local electronics store with a shopping list
> and
> : say gimme 10 1/2 watt 47 ohm resistors, 10 1/2 200 ohm, etc.
>
> At least you have a store to go to :)
> Problem with a resistor kit is that you'd get piles of values you'd never
> use.
>
> : I'd also like to see someone sell a big *box o'logic* (a couple each of
> the
> : most common 74xx parts).
>
> Jameco's got a decent TTL kit, but a lot of the parts you use up in a
> week,
> and a lot, you'll never touch... Would be interesting to put together a
> list of the 50 or so most commonly used arcade TTLs and kit that way.
>
> : It's a real pita to buy this stuff by the 10... especially when your
> doing
> : home repair you don't need 100 of each!
>
> Sounds like you just need to do more repairs! :)
>
> --
> Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
> 50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
> Cambridge, MA 02139
> (617) 452-2354 http://rgvac.978.org/~mspaeth

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

OK, I'll start it off....

74LS- 161, 273, 244, 245, 139....

Matt

"big dog" <catfishh@bellsouth.net> wrote
> Hi,
>
> Yes I have thought about having a kit with the most common TTL chips
> that fail and are found on the majority of pcbs. I know yall do more
> repairs that I so let me know the TTL part #s that often fail. I know
> about 10 of them but thats all.
>
> Mark Capps

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I would like to be able to find all the resistor networks. In one
place.

SRC6 (1k/470 pfd) = switch matrix columns.
SRC2,SRC4,SRC5 (4.7k/470 pfd)= score display data.
SRC7,SRC8 (4.7k/470 pfd)= score display digit strobes.
SRC9 (4.7k/470 pfd) = score display BCD.
SRC1,SRC3 (4.7k/470 pfd)= "widget I/O" (the sound board).

Jeff

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

74ls 374, 241, 04, 74
Also do you sell the 4015 Rams as used in sega Raster G80 games?
"Matt Osborn" <osborn@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
> OK, I'll start it off....
>
> 74LS- 161, 273, 244, 245, 139....
>
> Matt
>
> "big dog" <catfishh@bellsouth.net> wrote
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes I have thought about having a kit with the most common TTL chips
>> that fail and are found on the majority of pcbs. I know yall do more
>> repairs that I so let me know the TTL part #s that often fail. I know
>> about 10 of them but thats all.
>>
>> Mark Capps

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

I'm alway looking for G08 transistors:

MPSU10
MPSU60
2N6259

big dog wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am fixing to update my site www.arcadechips.com with some other items
> that I have here, but would like to buy more inventory as well. I would
> like to ask everyone what parts they would like to see me stock. I
> myself dont have interest in selling ten cent parts etc, but if its at a
> price where a little money can be made then its ok by me. I sell some
> odd ball stuff that is rare, but stocking stuff that wont sell doesnt do
> me any good either:(
>
> Just let me know your thoughts,
> Mark Capps

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

arcadechips.com does sell the ER2055, but is listed
in the RAM section. I have some pulls as well if you
need any, they are from Millipedes that were converted
to multipede as you dont need the EAROM once my
kit is installed.

-Scott
http://www.brasington.org/arcade/

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Good luck!
$2500 minimum buy per value from the manufacturer on these ones!

-- Ed

"Jeff (JAW)" <jeff@jeffpinball.com> wrote in message
>I would like to be able to find all the resistor networks. In one
> place.
>
> SRC6 (1k/470 pfd) = switch matrix columns.
> SRC2,SRC4,SRC5 (4.7k/470 pfd)= score display data.
> SRC7,SRC8 (4.7k/470 pfd)= score display digit strobes.
> SRC9 (4.7k/470 pfd) = score display BCD.
> SRC1,SRC3 (4.7k/470 pfd)= "widget I/O" (the sound board).
>
> Jeff

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

The MPSU10 (CENU10) and MPSU60 (CENU60) are still made by Central
Semiconductor.

I think Mospec still makes the 2N6259.

-- Ed

"Hans O" <p1001@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> I'm alway looking for G08 transistors:
>
> MPSU10
> MPSU60
> 2N6259
>
> big dog wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am fixing to update my site www.arcadechips.com with some other items
>> that I have here, but would like to buy more inventory as well. I would
>> like to ask everyone what parts they would like to see me stock. I
>> myself dont have interest in selling ten cent parts etc, but if its at a
>> price where a little money can be made then its ok by me. I sell some
>> odd ball stuff that is rare, but stocking stuff that wont sell doesnt do
>> me any good either:(
>>
>> Just let me know your thoughts,
>> Mark Capps

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Not saying I need a whole lot of these, but it would be nice to
have a reliable source for:

566 (VCO)
LM377 (Audio Amp)
SN76477 (Complex Sound Generator, 0.6" package)
POKEYs

Alex
----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

"Martin White" <guddler@gmail.com> wrote in message
A lot of the things that can be taken for granted in the US are simply
not available in the UK.

and the same can be said for a lot of countries. Also the other way around
too.

"Alex Yeckley" <ayeckley@elektronforge.com> wrote in news:t35Ve.75
$H62.32@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net:

> Not saying I need a whole lot of these, but it would be nice to
> have a reliable source for:
>
> 566 (VCO)
> LM377 (Audio Amp)
> SN76477 (Complex Sound Generator, 0.6" package)
> POKEYs
>
> Alex
> ----
> ayeckley@elektronforge.com
> www.elektronforge.com

I second the 566's, I remember about 2 years ago e-mailing big dog about
them and then never seen anything come of it. But I would like a small
suplly of them if they do become availalble.

If I remember correctly someone breadboarded a pokey, I was hoping to
see a remake if it in a programmed chip somewhere.

One very hard to find TTL chip is the 74LS491. It's used in the Tron
spinner circuit and I can't find it anywhere. Its a 10 bit up/down
counter.

I have an excel spreadsheet with all the TTL and CMOS chips that I have
found in Atari and Midway games so I guess I could throw something
together for big dog if he wanted to put together a kit.

Luke

"Luke Dyson" <lukexzx@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Alex Yeckley" <ayeckley@elektronforge.com> wrote in news:t35Ve.75
> $H62.32@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net:
>
>> Not saying I need a whole lot of these, but it would be nice to
>> have a reliable source for:
>>
>> 566 (VCO)
>> LM377 (Audio Amp)
>> SN76477 (Complex Sound Generator, 0.6" package)
>> POKEYs
>>
>> Alex
>> ----
>> ayeckley@elektronforge.com
>> www.elektronforge.com
>>

> I second the 566's, I remember about 2 years ago e-mailing big dog about
> them and then never seen anything come of it. But I would like a small
> suplly of them if they do become availalble.

OK -- what is the going price on these and the 377's?

> If I remember correctly someone breadboarded a pokey, I was hoping to
> see a remake if it in a programmed chip somewhere.
>
> One very hard to find TTL chip is the 74LS491. It's used in the Tron
> spinner circuit and I can't find it anywhere. Its a 10 bit up/down
> counter.

The 74LS491 was originally created by MMI. But, MMI promptly got out of the
TTL logic biz and stuck with their programmable logic line... which tanked.
It is a well known fact that the 74LS491 was originally designed using 20X10
PAL's. The 20X10's are no longer made - but 20VX10's are (Lattice Semi).
Let me know if you want a pointer to the PDS source code (may have been
ABEL - too long ago to remember).

--
Ed Krzycki
Great Plains Electronics

Mark C. Spaeth wrote:

> At least you have a store to go to :)
> Problem with a resistor kit is that you'd get piles of values you'd never use.

Ooooh, I *so* have to take a picture inside Tanner Electronics in
Dallas. Would probably make you cry. You can purchase *any* value of
resistor (1%, 5%, ceramic, whatever) in individual quantities. As well
as capacitors and transistors. Sorry to turn the knife ;)

tm

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.pinball (More info?)

Hi John,

I might be able to find the 9301, who made it?..how many pins etc?

Mark Capps