MM Cabinet Switch Complete - Lower Playfield does not Lite

I am now out of the moldy cabinet into a BTC (Great Cabinet Chris).
Everything is working except the Lower Playfield does not light. I
checked the connectors in the head and everything seems on tight.
Suggestions?

Mike

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Should be easy to sort out. Start at the board in the head. Correct
voltage - power leaving the board ? If so, with your meter follow it along
until you figure where it stops. You could have missed a connector, broken
wire, things like that. Be sure your ribbon cables are red stripe pin one on
each end. LTG :)

"math08" <mathisen08@msn.com> wrote in message
> I am now out of the moldy cabinet into a BTC (Great Cabinet Chris).
> Everything is working except the Lower Playfield does not light. I
> checked the connectors in the head and everything seems on tight.
> Suggestions?
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

otto

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2001

When you say "Lower Playfield does not light", what do you mean?

GIs?

Feature lights?

If it is GIs, start by checking the fuse.

Otto

CARGPB11

"math08" <mathisen08@msn.com> wrote in message
>I am now out of the moldy cabinet into a BTC (Great Cabinet Chris).
> Everything is working except the Lower Playfield does not light. I
> checked the connectors in the head and everything seems on tight.
> Suggestions?

Make sure that your wire connections in the GI plugs are making good
contact, they can become loose or be slightly pulled out. Also make sure
there are no cold solder joints or broken traces on the board behind the GI
connectors. Otherwise you need to get out your DMM and track current.

GRY

> Its the bottom playfield GI. I changed fuses with not result. The
> connector seems on tight.
>
> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Ceegary - Genius. Thanks alot. The wire on the connector was slightly
out. I never would have thought to look there. Pushed it into the
connector hard, and lights came on.

Mike