So are the GE 545 bulbs history?

I did a quick search here and saw that it looked like GE made these
just for Williams. I am down to my last few boxes and I know last time
I looked I had no luck...but I did not dig that hard.
Anyone know what the scoop is on these?

Thanks...

yeah...I just figured once I run out this is what I will do to them.
Just thought I would check...Thanks you guys...

GE didn't just make them for Williams. GE hasn't made them for over 10
years. They are out there, usually very pricey. LTG :)

"hemispheres" <hemispherespins@aol.com> wrote in message
> I did a quick search here and saw that it looked like GE made these
> just for Williams. I am down to my last few boxes and I know last time
> I looked I had no luck...but I did not dig that hard.
> Anyone know what the scoop is on these?
>
> Thanks...

I'd say so.

Hard to find these days, it looks as though most people are converting their
machines with the 455 sockets. It makes more sense to do if you have EM's
too, which GTB used quite a few in the backboxes.

--Eric

hemispheres wrote:

> Anyone know what the scoop is on these?

I know of at least one fellow who is
trying to get these reproduced in China.

--
Rick Swanson

Morristown, Tennessee
CARGPB6

I have 545s, bought them as spares. I'm sure I'm not the only one,
there should be some out there. The ones I've bought have never been
used as the 545s in my NGG game have never gone bad yet.

Word has it the #455 is going on the scarce list, too.

--
Fred
TX

Bruce wrote:
> On this topic, do the other brands of #455 besides Eiko have different
> flash rates? These seem pretty damn slow....
>
> -Massachusetts Bruce

I've noticed that the GE bulbs have a much snappier flash rate than the
Eikos bulbs which tend to appear more sluggish. The slow rate doesn't
make for a great lightning effect on my HH.

Having said that, I've also found that each bulb out of a box of 10
Eikos is different from the next...some slower, some faster.

Dave

Bruce

"Fred Kemper" <pbgarage@davlin.net> wrote in message
> Word has it the #455 is going on the scarce list, too.
>
> --
> Fred
> TX
> CARGPB#8
> ******************
>
> "hemispheres" <hemispherespins@aol.com> wrote in message
>> I did a quick search here and saw that it looked like GE made these
>> just for Williams. I am down to my last few boxes and I know last time
>> I looked I had no luck...but I did not dig that hard.
>> Anyone know what the scoop is on these?
>>
>> Thanks...

I haven't found _any_ consistency in _any_ self-flashing
bulb, even the same brand.

--
Fred
TX

"Bruce" <bwillard_@_capecod.net> wrote
> On this topic, do the other brands of #455 besides Eiko have different
> flash rates? These seem pretty damn slow....
>
> -Massachusetts Bruce

> "Fred Kemper" <pbgarage@davlin.net> wrote

> > Word has it the #455 is going on the scarce list, too.

Bruce

Cool, thanks for the replies. Actually I wouldn't even care about
consistency, just a little more rapid flash-rate than 5 seconds on, 5
seconds off.