check the shots per game stepper to see if it is advancing... also the
relay that advances it in the control bank... had a similiar problem on
my genco......art

On 2005-09-10 16:50:23 -0700, "chips4sle@aol.com" <chips4sle@aol.com> said:

> the game works almst 100%
> just having one problem
> when i go to shoot the solonid stays on and makes it hard to shoot.
>
> also it blows the 10amp fuse right away
>
> the solonid works without the fuse

Which 10 amp fuse? Is there one for the "bang" solenoid alone, or is it
for all the solenoids? I woud start with the relay that controls the
bang, the contacts that fire the solenoid (some shoot relay) might be
sticking together - file them so they are smooth and slightly rounded.

The next suspect is the scoring hold for the shoot function. It might
require that the score drum opens a set of contacts to release a hold
circuit on the shoot relay.

Schematics are handy for this - we should have them at the shop if you
wish to purchase a copy.

John :-#)#

--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call

Speaking of Arctic Gun, would anyone happen to have a manual available for
this game (electronic or otherwise)?

Thanks,
Nick

"John Robertson" <spam@flippers.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-09-10 16:50:23 -0700, "chips4sle@aol.com" <chips4sle@aol.com>
said:

> > the game works almst 100%
> > just having one problem
> > when i go to shoot the solonid stays on and makes it hard to shoot.
> >
> > also it blows the 10amp fuse right away
> >
> > the solonid works without the fuse
>
> Which 10 amp fuse? Is there one for the "bang" solenoid alone, or is it
> for all the solenoids? I woud start with the relay that controls the
> bang, the contacts that fire the solenoid (some shoot relay) might be
> sticking together - file them so they are smooth and slightly rounded.
>
> The next suspect is the scoring hold for the shoot function. It might
> require that the score drum opens a set of contacts to release a hold
> circuit on the shoot relay.
>
> Schematics are handy for this - we should have them at the shop if you
> wish to purchase a copy.
>
> John :-#)#
>
> --
> (Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
> Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call
> (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
> www.flippers.com "Old pinballers never die, they
> just flip out."

vegathing72

Honorable

the game works almst 100%
just having one problem
when i go to shoot the solonid stays on and makes it hard to shoot.

also it blows the 10amp fuse right away

the solonid works without the fuse
break the last set of points on the trigger relay the blue wire with brown trace and your problem is over make sure they do not touch when coil pulls in the blue wire to the cut off relay is also attached does not affect anything.

vegathing72

Honorable

the game works almst 100%
just having one problem
when i go to shoot the solonid stays on and makes it hard to shoot.

also it blows the 10amp fuse right away

the solonid works without the fuse
on the trigger relay coil break the last point the one with the blue wire and brown trace make sure they do not touch when coil is pulled this will solve your problem the solid blue wire jumpers over to the cut off relay leave that alone if the fuse keeps blowing you might have burned the gun coil the way to check that just take one wire off the side of the coil

Status
Not open for further replies.