cant access management tool MN-700

Last response: in Networking
Share
September 23, 2004 2:59:47 PM

I have never been able to acces the base station (MN-700)
on my wireless network. If I type the Url into explorer
it asks for my username and password using a .net logon
screen. My username and password for Microsoft.net does
not work here. I have never been able to access the base
station since new. Other than getting disconnected using
802.11g on this thing, everything else works perfect.
Currently the base station is plugged into a router, but i
have tried plugging it in without the router with the same
results.

any suggestions?
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 6:36:53 PM

when you access the base station *it* will ask you for the user name and
password - the user name is "admin" (be default) and the default password is
empty (no password). IIRC It my be .net looking, but it is just the MN-700
talking to you - administration of the MN-700 is controlled by a user name
and password (like most routers)

Is this what you are looking for?

HTH

"Nathan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have never been able to acces the base station (MN-700)
> on my wireless network. If I type the Url into explorer
> it asks for my username and password using a .net logon
> screen. My username and password for Microsoft.net does
> not work here. I have never been able to access the base
> station since new. Other than getting disconnected using
> 802.11g on this thing, everything else works perfect.
> Currently the base station is plugged into a router, but i
> have tried plugging it in without the router with the same
> results.
>
> any suggestions?
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 8:41:52 PM

whenever i cannot access my base station by typing its ip
address into a browser, i try getting into it by running
the microsoft broadband util that you should have
installed and going Tools-->Management Tool (Ctrl-M).
This will actually open an IE window that ask for a
password (same as if you entered the ip addy into a
browser yourself). When you set up the base station as
either a router or an access point (which is what it
sounds like you did), it should have been assigned a
password. Occassionaly, (which I is what I am on the
newsgroup for) I cannot log into the base station in
either fashion (Ctrl-M will be grayed out in the
Management tool). In this case, I just unplug the router
and it works.

!