cant access management tool MN-700

I have never been able to acces the base station (MN-700)
on my wireless network. If I type the Url into explorer
it asks for my username and password using a .net logon
screen. My username and password for Microsoft.net does
not work here. I have never been able to access the base
station since new. Other than getting disconnected using
802.11g on this thing, everything else works perfect.
Currently the base station is plugged into a router, but i
have tried plugging it in without the router with the same
results.

any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about cant access management tool

    when you access the base station *it* will ask you for the user name and
    password - the user name is "admin" (be default) and the default password is
    empty (no password). IIRC It my be .net looking, but it is just the MN-700
    talking to you - administration of the MN-700 is controlled by a user name
    and password (like most routers)

    Is this what you are looking for?

    HTH

    "Nathan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have never been able to acces the base station (MN-700)
    > on my wireless network. If I type the Url into explorer
    > it asks for my username and password using a .net logon
    > screen. My username and password for Microsoft.net does
    > not work here. I have never been able to access the base
    > station since new. Other than getting disconnected using
    > 802.11g on this thing, everything else works perfect.
    > Currently the base station is plugged into a router, but i
    > have tried plugging it in without the router with the same
    > results.
    >
    > any suggestions?

    whenever i cannot access my base station by typing its ip
    address into a browser, i try getting into it by running
    the microsoft broadband util that you should have
    installed and going Tools-->Management Tool (Ctrl-M).
    This will actually open an IE window that ask for a
    password (same as if you entered the ip addy into a
    browser yourself). When you set up the base station as
    either a router or an access point (which is what it
    sounds like you did), it should have been assigned a
    password. Occassionaly, (which I is what I am on the
    newsgroup for) I cannot log into the base station in
    either fashion (Ctrl-M will be grayed out in the
    Management tool). In this case, I just unplug the router
    and it works.

Routers Management Microsoft Networking